Say Hello to Alice

ECplus3

I have to talk to the mint about quality control while they are stoning them. They took a lot of metal off some of them while polishing -- especially the antique silver. The lines are too 'fat' for my liking. I want them all to be like the black nickel w/ orange enamel. Nice thin sharp lines. And a big grin on the Cheshire Cat. :yikes:

Yeah, the Yellow BN one looks perfect but the others not so much. The lines are much thicker on all of the other versions.

CF30

The coins will be going on my website today at 12:00 noon Atlantic Time. That is 11:00 AM Eastern and 8:00 AM Pacific. I will be selling the Alice coin as a pre-sale coin. Delivery will be approximately 4 weeks after the end of the 10 day pre-sale period.

All the finishes shown in this thread will be available:

Gold with red enamel

Silver with blue enamel

Copper with green enamel

Black nickel with orange enamel

Black nickel with purple enamel

The antique silver finish will be available as part of a limited edition set with the gold, silver and copper finishes.

My website is:

http://phdcoins.ca

ooh those came out nice! I'll probably miss the sale since I'm headed out soon until tomorrow night, if anyone wants to trade a purple/bn for my personal, shoot me an email!

This is going to be a pre-sale. There is very little chance of missing out on a coin unless you want the antique silver set. The pre-sale period will be 10 days.

Preordered--I hope. Got error message from PHD page, but payment confirmation from PP.

Ordered (I hope!) the orange and black version. LOVE it!

Your order is confirmed. The error is because I'm experimenting with the Auto Return feature on the paypal checkout page. Haven't got it down yet, but I'm working on it!

This error will not affect your order confirmation, payment, or my record of who has ordered what.

I hope to get it fixed soon!

Ohhh, I just had to order one of these, now I'll have to add a new category to my collection to "file" it in, since this coin doesn't fit into any of the categories I've already set up. Funny thing is, I set up the system to put a constraint on which coins I acquire, since I can't have 'em all. So much for self-control! :D

Ohhh, I just had to order one of these, now I'll have to add a new category to my collection to "file" it in, since this coin doesn't fit into any of the categories I've already set up. Funny thing is, I set up the system to put a constraint on which coins I acquire, since I can't have 'em all. So much for self-control! :)

Rules are made to be broken and boundaries to be pushed..... B):)

The last time I ordered coins was sometime around the AEToys disaster, but having just put out an Alice In Wonderland series of caches in the New Hampshire area (called "Alicetoid" caches as each cache log is located in an Altoid can) I just had to place an order for these beauties. They look great - can't wait to see them up close and personal.

I want the gold and the a.silver one. I could order the set, but it doesn't include the gold. Bahhhh. Choices! :)

The set includes the gold w/ red, silver w/ blue, copper w/ green and antique silver w/ black.

The set doesn't include the black nickel w/ orange or the black nickel w/ purple.

I want the gold and the a.silver one. I could order the set, but it doesn't include the gold. Bahhhh. Choices! :)

The set includes the gold w/ red, silver w/ blue, copper w/ green and antique silver w/ black.

The set doesn't include the black nickel w/ orange or the black nickel w/ purple.

I'm glad I saw this post, had thought these were in the set, just ordered the other two :P

gorgeous coins - i just love them, sadly no pennies at moment so will have to keep my eye for them when i'm better and can afford one.

I always order a few extra of each version in case there are errors. When everything has been shipped the remaining coins will go up on my website.

I'll announce that in the forums here.

COINS ARE IN!

All 16.7 kilos worth! :P

I guess I know what I'll be doing over the next couple of days! :D

You mean the power is back on and the post office is accepting (& delivering) mail after the hurricane :D I heard from a friend who lives in Halifax that we (Midland) had higher winds and more rain then you did :D

Forgot to mention great to hear their in :D:D:D

Edited by kini_ont

COINS ARE IN!

All 16.7 kilos worth! :P

I guess I know what I'll be doing over the next couple of days! :D

You mean the power is back on and the post office is accepting (& delivering) mail after the hurricane :D I heard from a friend who lives in Halifax that we (Midland) had higher winds and more rain then you did :D

Forgot to mention great to hear their in :D:D:D

I don't know about the winds (we were officially a Cat. 1 hurricane with gusts up to 130km/hr), but we got off easy on the rain. There was still enough to collapse all the holes I had dug for the footings of my new deck though. :D Gotta wait for them to dry out a bit and dig 'em out again.

We only lost power for 5 hours, but some parts of the city only just got it back yesterday (60 hrs without power).

The only problem I'm facing is a lack of mailers! I went to my regular dollar store only to find that they were out! Gonna have to break down and buy some from Staples I guess. :D