Say Hello to Alice

ECplus3

Here is the finished artwork for my next coin. The mint has already returned a first draft, but there is a lot of work yet to be done.

Alice_front.jpg

Alice_back.jpg

Tracking info will go on the coin's edge.

I hope to have this ready for presale the end of July.

PS: Just in case you are wondering, I started designing this long before I knew there was going to be a new Alice in Wonderland movie. :)

Edited by Eartha

Here is the finished artwork for my next coin. The mint has already returned a first draft, but there is a lot of work yet to be done.

Alice_front.jpg

Alice_back.jpg

Tracking info will go on the coin's edge.

I hope to have this ready for presale the end of July.

PS: Just in case you are wondering, I started designing this long before I knew there was going to be a new Alice in Wonderland movie. :D

Great coin count me in :)

Saffier

I like it! Did you do the drawing?

I did some of the drawing. There are some very talented and generous artists on the internet!! Once I had permission to use a piece that I wanted I pretty much ripped it apart using Illustrator and put it back together the way I wanted it.

One of these days I'll learn how to draw on my own. :)

BTW, I'm hoping to make it to Japan next year to help out some of the missionaries our church supports. Doesn't look like I'll get much caching done though... there are only 10 caches in Ishikawa Prefecture.

I like it! Did you do the drawing?

I did some of the drawing. There are some very talented and generous artists on the internet!! Once I had permission to use a piece that I wanted I pretty much ripped it apart using Illustrator and put it back together the way I wanted it.

That is awesome -- I really do love the illo. I'm actually jealous 'cause it's wonderful. : ) Kudos to the artist(s) and to you for putting it together so well -- I especially love the Cheshire cat! I'll definitely be buying several of these.

One of these days I'll learn how to draw on my own. :)

Practice, practice, practice! : )

BTW, I'm hoping to make it to Japan next year to help out some of the missionaries our church supports. Doesn't look like I'll get much caching done though... there are only 10 caches in Ishikawa Prefecture.

Well, if you have any chance to hang out in the Tokyo area for a little while, let me know, or if you have a decent layover in Narita/Haneda, let me know and I'll come meet you at the airport (if you don't mind). : )

Another update. Final artwork has been approved and samples are being made.

Samples likely will not be ready in time for the Maritime Geobash and I am heading on vacation immediately after (not even staying to help clean up! ;)). So presales probably will not start until late July when I finally get a chance to see the samples.

Alice01.jpgAlice02.jpgAlice03.jpg

Alas, the samples will not make it to me before I go on vacation. I have asked that they not be shipped until July 21st so that FedEx won't send them back because they couldn't be delivered.

I will hopefully be able to post photos provided by the mint sometime next week.

Now back to planning my little event on Saturday and figuring out how to avoid the forecasted 20mm of rain. :lol:

I have to talk to the mint about quality control while they are stoning them. They took a lot of metal off some of them while polishing -- especially the antique silver. The lines are too 'fat' for my liking. I want them all to be like the black nickel w/ orange enamel. Nice thin sharp lines. And a big grin on the Cheshire Cat. :unsure: