Geocaching Rocks!

UKCacheMag

This is my first attempt at getting a coin minted.

Its still very early into the process and I will add more images here as the project develops.

I will attach some pics of my original concept idea.

Im looking to have the lightning bolts in yellow....and the hand to be much more realistic as below.

Comments welcome please.

Cheers

istockphoto_5983219-heavy-metal-rays.jpg

Edited by DivingDJ

This is my first attempt at getting a coin minted.

Its still very early into the process and I will add more images here as the project develops.

I will attach some pics of my original concept idea.

Im looking to have the lightning bolts in yellow....and the hand to be much more realistic as below.

Comments welcome please.

Cheers

istockphoto_5983219-heavy-metal-rays.jpg

Looks interesting -- I like the bold, icon-like imagery, myself. You can get the multiple shades of red by using multiple recessed levels under translucent enamel (and it would look cool). What's the text going to be? What about the back? I assume that this will be a shaped coin, or are you going to place the image in the center of a round coin? (No real push to do either, of course; shaped coins are cool, but more expensive.)

I see you've posted an istockphoto thumbnail; you've purchased the original graphic, yes? Assuming so, it looks like you're off to a good start!

Yeh you gotta buy the rights to put that on goods if its from a stock shop. But after that, yeh thats a pretty cool design. I second what Jackalgirl said about the multiple recessed levels of metal (rather than outlining each shade with metal).

I like it too, but I think you'll need to expand on the overall theme of "Geocaching Rocks!" instead of simply using one clip art image. Don't get me wrong, it's right up my alley with regards to the iconery and symbology. But I'd like to see some clever elements included that would tie this into geocaching.

Heh, I can see the back of the coin...

"IC/GC" logo. Ammo boxes for amps. Angus Young in hiking boots.

:unsure:

This is coming along nicley now - waiting on die art to be confirmed in next few days. The one side will be similar to the image in post 6.

Can anybopdy suggest how im best to go about selling these?

Is it the done thing to take "advance orders"

Cheers

yes you normaly do - but this leaves the gps exposed...and has he "i love you" thing for it as well.

A few comments/questions:

Why make the guy just large enough or where he stands to have part of his head above the circle area?

Similar question on the backpack (makes more since to have it inside the circle, at least to me)?

If you make the GPS and hand slightly smaller you could have the thumb in and then the only thing sticking past the circle would be the two fingers.

Just a few comments.

yes you normaly do - but this leaves the gps exposed...and has he "i love you" thing for it as well.

A few comments/questions:

Why make the guy just large enough or where he stands to have part of his head above the circle area?

Similar question on the backpack (makes more since to have it inside the circle, at least to me)?

If you make the GPS and hand slightly smaller you could have the thumb in and then the only thing sticking past the circle would be the two fingers.

Just a few comments.

I agree with that... having his head and backpack protrude outside the circle (to me) gives the coin an 'unfinished' appearance. If they both were scaled down just a little, the circle would have some roundness :)

~J