Value of Moun10bike Version 1 coin

JoeyBob

Circumstances necessitate raising some money, and as much as I hate to see it go, I may have to sell my treasure. Serial #006. :unsure:

Haven't seen a version 1 sell anywhere, so what might the value be?

JoeyBob

well, 1st things 1st. although you are in possession of this quite valuable original geocoin, you are not the legal owner. the original producer still retains all ownership right to it.

Edited by Odyssey Voyager

?????????????? Sell a mou10bike V1???? But... al belong to moun10bike! there is not any coin as far as I know that has a different owner!! Even if you have this coin, it doesn't belong to you my friend! :unsure: The owner is Moun10bike!

Now about value, there are 2 values exist! Sentimental velue and the selling value!

when we say this coin cost 100$ for example, we actually say the selling price of the coin!

In moun10bike coins (any version!), the sentimental value is huge,

the selling value is ZERO because you are not allowed to sell it!

Just not to be missunderstood.... the coin is the most wanted coin and it is our dream to have one.... but....

I fully understand that you may have economical problems or other things, but you haven't seen any to be sold just because the owner in all is the maker and he doen't allow anyone to sell his coins! :lol:

Circumstances necessitate raising some money, and as much as I hate to see it go, I may have to sell my treasure. Serial #006. :unsure:

Haven't seen a version 1 sell anywhere, so what might the value be?

JoeyBob

well, 1st things 1st. although you are in possession of this quite valuable original geocoin, you are not the legal owner. the original producer still retains all ownership right to it. however, as stated on the coins' page, you can "trade" something of value for it. i am sure there are many here willing to trade their arm and leg to have that coin in their collection!

Hmm.. I am wondering how many coins can be traded for a Moun10bike V1!!!! A collection??? :lol:

You cannot sell a coin you do not own. Sorry. Moun10Bike owns all of his coins. He sets them free, and lets other enjoy them, but he is still the owner.

Edit to add, you cannot trade something you do not own either. It is considered unethical. But if Moun10Bike gives you his blessing to trade it, you should ask him first.

Edited by Eartha

Correct! This coin is locked! WOW I didn't know that this can be happen! Maybe only Groundspeak could.... at least that is what I thought!

About the thing to trade somethingthat it is not yours... (you are not the owner), I agree that this is not ethical but... if in the page says that you can keep or trade it? Iam lost al ittle here!

Oh.. and... that means that we can not trade the Lackeys 2007 coins too?

I do not know the status of the 2005 ones!

If the same goes with the Lackeys 2005 coin....

And you trade a 2007 for a 2005, is it ok? In both the owner will be Signal... but is it ok??

:unsure:

Alright, I can't sell the coin.

PM me offers of trades, and let's see what can happen.

I DO have the coin in my possession, it was parked in a retired cache that I placed on Topsail Island, NC.

Jon locked the log, because someone "logged" the coin without being in possession. Originally, the tracking number was the serial number.