Geo Exterminators D.O.A

I have found this in a Cache area it is a playing card with geo exterminators doa written on it.....

2 times I have found this? can anyone help?

Can't be completely sure, but this sounds like a signature card to me. Basically something a geocacher (or caching team) leaves in some or all of the caches they find.

Cache area? You mean, you found the card instead of the cache? Sounds like a sig item from someone who likes to poach caches.

Oh wow, didn't pick up on that wording. I just assumed OP meant inside the cache with all the other assorted stuff. If this is the case that really stinks. :blink:

Edited by rob3k

Cache area? You mean, you found the card instead of the cache? Sounds like a sig item from someone who likes to poach caches.

Oh wow, didn't pick up on that wording. I just assumed OP meant inside the cache with all the other assorted stuff. If this is the case that really stinks. :blink:

Yes it is a card in a CD plastic case....and no Cache.....as in no nothing......

Not good...

I think this is EXACTLY what he meant. Other caches in that area archived, with evidence of that playing card left at the site.

Kind of like "Have Gun, Will Travel" -- only if you are old enough to remember.

That is a very frustrating problem for a local caching community. These guys are typically referred to as cache maggots and often the strategy used is to not talk about them on public forums as some seem to enjoy basking in the angst they generate.

Yes it is a card in a CD plastic case....and no Cache.....as in no nothing......

Not good...

It happens. With luck, whoever it is will get bored and move on. Especially if he's not getting a lot of feedback. Whoever it is hopes to get his jollies ruining your fun; don't let him.

Meanwhile -- places to hide new caches!

Wonder if this is a silly maggot or one of those environmentalists, if it was the latter then aren't they messing it up themselves leaving geotrash?

I am thinking its genetics.....brothers should NOT marry their sisters.....

Oh well....LET MOVE ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh wow, didn't pick up on that wording. I just assumed OP meant inside the cache with all the other assorted stuff. If this is the case that really stinks. :lol:

Not good...

Did you sign the back of the card?

Just kidding of course :)

Hopefully they'll get bored and find some other recreational activity they can try sucking the fun out of :unsure:

Wonder if this is a silly maggot or one of those environmentalists, if it was the latter then aren't they messing it up themselves leaving geotrash?

I'd say just your standard maggot. I can remember finding a maggots calling card in 2003 in New Jersey. It had all kinds of pirate symbols, and coordinates the cache was moved to. I believe the owner just replaced it.

I'd say just your standard maggot. I can remember finding a maggots calling card in 2003 in New Jersey. It had all kinds of pirate symbols, and coordinates the cache was moved to. I believe the owner just replaced it.

As a proud "one of those environmentalists," one of the things I like best about geocaching is CITO. Even when I'm not caching I pick up litter when I walk my dog. An environmentalist is someone who cares about the environment...ie...the Earth. Don't we all? And if so, aren't we all environmentalists?

As a proud "one of those environmentalists," one of the things I like best about geocaching is CITO. Even when I'm not caching I pick up litter when I walk my dog. An environmentalist is someone who cares about the environment...ie...the Earth. Don't we all? And if so, aren't we all environmentalists?

Yes we are ALL environmentalists......it's the far left envio-nuts we are speaking of.....ie..if it's not nature it ain't suppose to be thar....types.....

Yes we are ALL environmentalists......it's the far left envio-nuts we are speaking of.....ie..if it's not nature it ain't suppose to be thar....types.....

The far left is given too much credit, one way or the other. Most of those people are not far left. Certainly not as far left as I am. But perhaps that is better saved for the off topic forum.

Taking that out of context, the "environmentalists" I speak of are the hardline, "tree huggers" the ones that steal the cache because it ruins the environment due to our use of the parks. We supposedly disturb mother nature and cachers are basically the anti-Christ. I see some of the issues pointed out but their all or nothing approach is awful.

As a cacher I strongly believe in protecting the environment, heck that's the reason i got a degree in geology.

Taking that out of context, the "environmentalists" I speak of are the hardline, "tree huggers" the ones that steal the cache because it ruins the environment due to our use of the parks. We supposedly disturb mother nature and cachers are basically the anti-Christ. I see some of the issues pointed out but their all or nothing approach is awful.

As a cacher I strongly believe in protecting the environment, heck that's the reason i got a degree in geology.

Sad, Just found ANOTHER doa cache.....

Did you sign the back of the card?

Just kidding of course :laughing:

No, dude -- that's a great idea! If cache owners in the area let it be known they'll accept initials on the card (Sharpies will write on laminate, no problem) or a photo of his sig card the same as a signature in the log, the game can roll on without even a pause.

See, a cache maggot probably doesn't realize that for most of us most of the time, signing the book and taking our smiley is all we want. And it would probably ruin HIS fun if he couldn't leave that nifty calling card.

Edited by AuntieWeasel