Midwest Geobash 2010

The Moop Along

I've got all my bases covered for Geowoodstock, so now it's time for me to concentrate on the largest event in the Midwest:

Midwest Geobash 2010

For those of you not able to join us at the event, here's your chance to participate. This year, as with every year, we will be holding a silent auction to defray the costs of the event as it grows. If you are interested in donating geocoins to our silent auction, I am the main contact. I will be running the vendor building and flea market, and helping Jellyfish with the actual silent auction.

I can't promise you a real nice fancy sponsor webpage like Shop99er does for Spring Fling, nor can I promise you riches and glory. However, I will promise that for each auction lot, we will have an info sheet describing the donation AND the person/company/team donating it.

We want to thank you in advance for your help and support of this year's Bash! Silent Auction is one of the largest sources of funding for the event, so your donations are MUCH APPRECIATED!

The Moop Along

Midwest Geocaching Foundation

TapTap...TapTap...TapTap...

"TapTap BLINGBLING the gold toothed (teethed?) geckomeleon geocoin" will make it your way. No really...a coin like this does really deserve such a long name. Anyhow I figure that version would fit this event the best! It might go for negative value though...he really is disturbing...the x's on the teeth are the tracking code :unsure:

I tried so hard to make it to thy flea market, next year my son will be 3 so it will be much "easier" to attend! I'll send you some other stuff too (Tribal Sun set).

Edited by Zelanzy

It's been a long winter. We have just gotten around to doing a little spring cleaning. We got Dorothy off of her nest, and what to our surprise... she has been hording eggs. So we will be sending a couple for your use. Dorothy will also be sending the rest with a passing eagle to spread around the grounds.

Yes, we are worried about the eagle and Dorothy, but that will serve her right for hording the eggs!

It's been a long winter. We have just gotten around to doing a little spring cleaning. We got Dorothy off of her nest, and what to our surprise... she has been hording eggs. So we will be sending a couple for your use. Dorothy will also be sending the rest with a passing eagle to spread around the grounds.

Yes, we are worried about the eagle and Dorothy, but that will serve her right for hording the eggs!

But I thought eagles loved chickens?

ILYK

so their offspring would be ....Cheagles! :blink:;):o sorry, couldn't resist!

Big news for all you coin fans! Two incredible packages showed up in the past week at Geobash central. :rolleyes: I'm not sure if I can direct link our homepage, but on the front page of www.mwgb.org, you'll find the full description of what we got from Garmin and Delorme.

Garmin donated a box of their brand new 62 Series geocoins (among other things) for us to use as prizes. You'll find them in our Treasure Hunt, Silent Auction, etc. I'll try and get a photo posted soon. If anyone from Geowoodstock has a photo of theirs, please feel free to post it here. They're super cool, and made along the lines of the Colorado Wherigo and the Oregon versions, if you've seen those.

Delorme donated a whole bunch of stuff, including their brand new PN60 GPS Unit (which Chip Noble himself will be demoing at the event!). But you wanna know about the coins. We got a brand new silver 3D Eartha spinner! (picture below). We also got some 2D copper Eartha geocoins (pictured below), and some of the brand new silver 2D Earth geocoins. If anyone from Geowoodstock has a picture of their silver 2D coin, please post it. I'll try and photo that later as well.

You'll find the Silver Spinning Eartha in our Silent Auction, as well as at least one copper and one silver 2D versions. Where to get the rest, well. Come and find out :lol: If you can't make it, you better find a proxy to bid on the Garmin and Delorme coins for you. This year's Silver Spinning Eartha coins will not be made public where they will be given away or put in caches, so they'll be very secretive and hard to find. :rolleyes:

A special thanks to both Garmin and Delorme for their generosity!

TMA

geocoin-silver.jpg

5c5ef722-2004-4468-80da-535805985264.jpg

Big news for all you coin fans! Two incredible packages showed up in the past week at Geobash central. :( I'm not sure if I can direct link our homepage, but on the front page of www.mwgb.org, you'll find the full description of what we got from Garmin and Delorme.

Garmin donated a box of their brand new 62 Series geocoins (among other things) for us to use as prizes. You'll find them in our Treasure Hunt, Silent Auction, etc. I'll try and get a photo posted soon. If anyone from Geowoodstock has a photo of theirs, please feel free to post it here. They're super cool, and made along the lines of the Colorado Wherigo and the Oregon versions, if you've seen those.

Delorme donated a whole bunch of stuff, including their brand new PN60 GPS Unit (which Chip Noble himself will be demoing at the event!). But you wanna know about the coins. We got a brand new silver 3D Eartha spinner! (picture below). We also got some 2D copper Eartha geocoins (pictured below), and some of the brand new silver 2D Earth geocoins. If anyone from Geowoodstock has a picture of their silver 2D coin, please post it. I'll try and photo that later as well.

You'll find the Silver Spinning Eartha in our Silent Auction, as well as at least one copper and one silver 2D versions. Where to get the rest, well. Come and find out :( If you can't make it, you better find a proxy to bid on the Garmin and Delorme coins for you. This year's Silver Spinning Eartha coins will not be made public where they will be given away or put in caches, so they'll be very secretive and hard to find. :)

A special thanks to both Garmin and Delorme for their generosity!

TMA

geocoin-silver.jpg

5c5ef722-2004-4468-80da-535805985264.jpg

Sorry i will be unable to help out with a few coins like this but i can get 6 other trackable Geocoins your way that may help out some.

Thanks for all you are doing to support the event for us all to enjoy.

Who knows maybe i can sneak away and show up at the event :?)

Good luck on it all!!!

Please sned me your Address so i can get the items off to you.

I am sure the kids will make a few things to add as well.