Heading to Oregon, lookin' for caches...

Lost13th

Hi all!

The family and I will be leaving the Salt Lake City area for Cannon Beach Oregon on the weekend of June 12th. I was wondering if anyone could recommend any nice caches throughout the Colombia River Gorge around The Dalles and Hood River/Multinomah Falls area.

Thanks in advance!

Hi all!

The family and I will be leaving the Salt Lake City area for Cannon Beach Oregon on the weekend of June 12th. I was wondering if anyone could recommend any nice caches throughout the Colombia River Gorge around The Dalles and Hood River/Multinomah Falls area.

Thanks in advance!

Stop by and pick up mine at Dalton Point GC1V5V0, just West of Multnomah Falls if you stay on I84. If you take the scenic highway then you could pick up my other one at Shepherds Dell GC1TAXV .

If you are in Portland during the day I would recommend Dr Who (you will have to look that one up). I hear that one is a must find.

If you will be stopping at my caches I could make sure I have one of my sig tokens in them, if you collect such things.

Hi all!

Thanks in advance!

Stop by and pick up mine at Dalton Point GC1V5V0, just West of Multnomah Falls if you stay on I84. If you take the scenic highway then you could pick up my other one at Shepherds Dell GC1TAXV .

If you are in Portland during the day I would recommend Dr Who (you will have to look that one up). I hear that one is a must find.

If you will be stopping at my caches I could make sure I have one of my sig tokens in them, if you collect such things.

Thanks! I have them set up in my GPSr. We'll be sure to visit those caches. We'll be in the area this coming Sunday June 13th, and probably the 14th before we hit the coast. I looked up the Dr. Who one, that's going to be a must.

Thanks again!

Jon

Hi all!

Thanks in advance!

What about the ORIGINAL STASH TRIBUTE PLAQUE © (a tribute to and at the location of the first GeoCache) near Portland? GCGV0P

Edited by SamSpade47

Thanks! I have them set up in my GPSr. We'll be sure to visit those caches. We'll be in the area this coming Sunday June 13th, and probably the 14th before we hit the coast. I looked up the Dr. Who one, that's going to be a must.

Thanks again!

Jon

OK, I added my sig item to the two of my caches I listed. Unfortunately I forgot to bring along a spare logbook and it looks like "Go West Young Man" had it's logbook pilfered. There's a piece of paper in the cache for a signature though.

I also noticed that my second filling of swag has pretty much disappeared from that cache. I think some fishermen found the cache and inspect it for goodies from time to time.

Watch out for poison oak on the way to the cache "To Grandmothers House We Go". I don't know what poison oak looks like but someone said there was some in the area and I did see something that was shiny with three oakish shaped leaves. If it was poison oak, I will know soon enough if I'm allergic to it.