Pine Creek Rail Trail

Moo and Wug Smith

I need some help from the Pennsylvania group. We are riding the Pine Creek Rail Trail next week. If you go to the Rail Trail site, they have geocaching routes that pull up along several of their trails but not this one. If you try to make a route from Wellsboro to Jersey Shore on geocaching.com you don't follow the rail trail. Since the Trail is in the middle of nowhere, the google geocaching map doesn't pull the trail up. Has anyone made a route of this trail or any suggestions for pocket queries along this route?

Thanks in advance :blink:

Moo of Moo and Wug Smith :mad:

Out of curiosity , and never having heard of Pine Creek Rail Trail, I along with another friend who likes to ride did some googling and playing around. I ran the PQ and used Topo8 to draw a map. Downloaded the caches to the gps and then transferred them to the map, it worked well.

If you run the PQ off the center of the trail and give a 25 mile radius, you should cover the entirety.

My friend and I were so enthralled at what we saw, we are going to try and plan for a fall ride---looks wonderful

WMCR7 Waymark

Also use the waymark and check on nearby geocaches link

Edited by Packanack

We rode from Ansonia to Waterville about 45 miles. We used Pine Creek Outfitters to shuttle our car from their shop in Ansonia to Waterville. It was there waiting for us when we arrived. Few caches on the northern portion, but after riding about 30 miles we started picking up caches along the route. We saw a Bald Eagle roosting in the trees, several deer families in the water, turtles and a garter snake but no rattlesnakes that they warn you about every few miles. I grew up in Oklahoma and have a healthy respect for water moccasins and rattle snakes!!!! We rode on a Friday and the trail was virtually empty. If we had gone on the weekend we guess it would be crowded. Very well maintained, but it needs garbage cans and more maps along the trail so you know where you are. The little towns you pass through are nothing but 10 or 20 houses. There is no food, but a few ice cream shops. We had never heard of this place either, but it is a beautiful rail trail.