Can anyone provide any info on this coin?

yodabuds

Hi Guys,

I think I have finally fallen off my geocoin lid...I just purchased a coin and paid $30.05 I can not believe that I paid that much money for a coin! I am feeling a little remorseful for purchasing it, but it looked so cool to me.... Here is the listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...T#ht_2546wt_920

Could someone tell me the original minter/seller of this coin? How much was it when it was being sold for retail? Do you guys believe this coin will hold it's value? Thanks for any input and could you tell me the minting off.

Yodabuds

that was originally sold at the geocoinshop.de I believe that they still have the listing for it (sold out) still on the website. Subtracting the VAT tax they have, the original price was 11.18 euros or $13.35 dollars US. It is a very neat looking coin and I personally think that the design will hold up (price wise) well with collectors.

Edited by scificollector

Are you collecting. Coins for their Value?? If you like the coin it shouldent really màtter its value, becides value of a coin is in the beholder as there are really no set value on geocoins, I guess the more ppl seek them and the less their are the harder they are to get so maybe there worth more then but again the worth is held in what someone else will pay, kinda like stock, as my old teacher would say, you buy in hopes someone else will pay more then you did. My opinion tho is, if your collecting geocoins for worth your in it for the wrong reasons, again that's just my opinion.

I wouldn't buy coins in the hope to make a profit should I seek to sell it. As Jay said the value is in the eye of the beholder in this instance you and another thought it was worth bidding up to $30. Next week the very same coin may not come near that or go beyond it.... there is no predicting. But if you love the coin and you were compelled to pay that much then it was worth it. :blink:

Absolutely agree that any type of collection should be of something that you have a love for... The

moving parts of the coin is what really drew me to it... I'm still slapping myself in face for paying that much for a coin so I was sorta hoping I could at least justify it in my mind if one day someone who inherits my collection will be able to get some of what I put into it back... I mean in the overall scheme of things $30 is really nothing to worry about... Just funds are slightly tight and I have such a coin compulsion to look at them on eBay..... LoL! Well, at least I finally got some display stands (the small platsic easel type) to display my beauitful works of metal art!

Yodabuds

After my death -

WIFE : These are the stupid things he bought for that idiotic 'walking around in the woods' thing he did. The trashman can have them. Excep\t for the butterfly one, I'll keep it as a good luck charm for bingo.

i am sure that is how my husband looks at my coin collecting and treasure hunting... :blink:

After my death -

WIFE : These are the stupid things he bought for that idiotic 'walking around in the woods' thing he did. The trashman can have them. Excep\t for the butterfly one, I'll keep it as a good luck charm for bingo.

i am sure that is how my husband looks at my coin collecting and treasure hunting... :blink:

Give wife/husband our address.... :mad: