He Shoots! He Scores! Cointest v2.

seekerfamily

:lol: To tell you the truth I didn't expect it but Switzerland was very good and played clever! They had a strong defence and actually reminded me the Greek team of 2004! they were strong, they had passion and actually believed it! Congratulations To the Swiss team!!! :D

I believe that they can win Honduras too! If that is their second game.... (I have to check) then they will go to the second round for sure!!! :D

hmm... I just checked! Chile is next... Then... if they take at least 1 point with Chile they will pass!

Oups! You have Honduras??? emm... Sorry! My team will win you! :lol: Of course my team is your countries team so I do not think you will be too sad with Honduras loss of the game! :D

:lol: To tell you the truth I didn't expect it but Switzerland was very good and played clever! They had a strong defence and actually reminded me the Greek team of 2004! they were strong, they had passion and actually believed it! Congratulations To the Swiss team!!! :D

I believe that they can win Honduras too! If that is their second game.... (I have to check) then they will go to the second round for sure!!! :D

hmm... I just checked! Chile is next... Then... if they take at least 1 point with Chile they will pass!

Oups! You have Honduras??? emm... Sorry! My team will win you! :lol: Of course my team is your countries team so I do not think you will be too sad with Honduras loss of the game! :D

Congrats...i watched the game too and the swiss team was great (i wanted them to win) :D

Would be a great final, if your team would play against mine in the last round :D Why not? Wonders can always happen :D

even though it was a rather lucky deflection and against only 10 players, Greece finally scored its 1st goal ever in a world cup! one more half to go, but maybe Greece will get the win too! congrats to Greece and to Gatoulis on the first goal! :D

EDIT: Greece scores its 2nd goal on a mistake by the Nigerian goalie! i wonder if the ball is causing many of these fairly easy goalie mistakes?!

EDIT: final...Greece 2 Nigeria 1. Greece wins! good game. congrats to Greece and to Gatoulis on the win!

Edited by Odyssey Voyager

:) Actually there were not 9 Nigerian players but 10! :D there was only one red card! In one or two times a nigerian player was injured and they wqere playing with 9 until he wa ok to enter again but this was for less than a minute!

The red card was because of pure stupidity! I just do not get why the Nigerian player did that and "killed" his country! Ok, it was good for the Greek team that played good football! Many shoots and tried to score!! they played like the team of 2004! that is good! :lol:

We still have chances to go to the next round but they are not many!

We have to tie with Argentina and Nigeria to win the South Korean team! This is too difficult (to tie with argentina and Korea to lose!)

But... you never know! :D

Everyone here is happy not only because we scored our first goals, not only that we won for the first time in a mundial but because we saw the national team playing football...good football! ;)

France is out!!! After the loss of the game with mexico, I strongly believe that Uruguay and Mexico will go to the next round! The game between Uruguay and Mexico will end 1-1...or generally they will split the points and both will pass no matter what will happen to the other game!

and to tell you the truth... there are not many chances for France and South Africa....

I really do not understand what the coach of France is doing.... Is Henry injured??? Why he is not giving to Cice a chance?? He was amazing with Panathinaikos (Cice is playing in Greece and was the Top scorer here!!)

Maxico didn't find many difficulties in the game!!!

On the other hand.... Maybe this is good because they cheated to come to the Mundial! I still remember the hand of Henry in the game with Ireland! With that hand Ireland lost and didn't come here! France took the ticket but now they are paying the bill! :D

;) Actually there were not 9 Nigerian players but 10! :)...

...Maybe this is good because they cheated to come to the Mundial! I still remember the hand of Henry in the game with Ireland! With that hand Ireland lost and didn't come here! France took the ticket but now they are paying the bill! :lol:

oh yeah...i meant to write that Nigeria was one man short due to the red card. i believe Greece still would have won that game even if both teams were at equal strength! Greece played very well and deserved the win.

you know, the commentators keep mentioning how disheartened the French team is playing, with no emotion. perhaps it is because they feel deep down that they do not deserve to be there. who knows. i don't believe that Mexico winning today was a BIG upset as many are saying. Mexico has a very respectable team and may surprise a few more before the tournament is over.

SI SE PUEDE! ARRIBA MEXICO! :D

Chile has 3 points ... but sits out til Monday. I'm not really familiar with world cup... but I'm assuming they're a higher seed and therefore play less games in early rounds :/ Not sure.... can somebody enlighten me?

There are no "seeds" in the world cup.

The teams all have the same number of games :D

And after this round there is a k.o.-system :lol:

Here you can see, which games will be next and the results of all the matches: http://de.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/index.html

Sorry AlliedOz as Cameroon is the first team to be officially eliminated.

Australian Sports bet

Current odds for Cameroon to win the cup...101 to 1 , might be worth a lazy 50 on it, then I could but all the coins I want :) well Ok some of them.

Thanks for the cointest, much appreciated. GO CAMEROON! (giggle)

Team Odds

Spain 4.75

Brazil 5.5

Argentina 7.5

England 8

Netherlands 10

Germany 13

Italy 15

France 21

Portugal 29

Ivory Coast 34

Chile 67

USA 67

Paraguay 67

Ghana 67

Serbia 67

Mexico 81

Uruguay 81

Cameroon 101

Denmark 101

Nigeria 101

Australia 101

Greece 151

South Africa 151

Switzerland 151

South Korea 251

Japan 331

Slovakia 331

Slovenia 331

Algeria 501

Honduras 1001

New Zealand 1001

North Korea 1501

What is going on here???

France... what can I say about them!!! they spoiled all the fun! they are fighting eachother now! ;) and only the fact that you are participating in this turnament is something to celebrate!!! Not to ashame your country with things we read in sites, or in newspapers....for the french team!

Oh poor Ireland!!! I wish you were here!!! I am 1000% sure you would play better!!!

Italy, England... they are playing with the fire and... they may get burned soon!!

England can not find a good goalkeeper... yet???

Now something else... I thought that the referee from Mali that played in the game with USA and didn't count the legal goal for USA... was very bad, but then.... what can I say about the French referee in the game Brazil - Ivory coast??? He is the worst referee so far in the Mundial!!!! :)

He didn't have the control of the game at all! The last minutes were like a war! Even if brazil was very good and deserved to win....

The referee said ok to the hands of the Brazilian players??? In one of the goals the brazilian player did a hand, he scored but the referee said it is legal! then the camera caught him talking and smilling wit the player showing him the hand or the chest???? So he saw but didn't do anything??? Just because it is Brazil?? Brazil is an amazing team! They do not want such a help!

then..... he gave a second yellow card to Kaka (so red card) but Kaka didn't do anything!!! Kaka is a great person in and out of the stadium! I think that this is the first time he gets a red card!!!

And the referre didn't gave red cards to some killing tacklins from Ivorian players??? One injured Elano (I am afraid Elano is not well! I hope we will see him soon but.... :) ) but there was not even a yellow card??? That was a straight red card!!! 10 minutes later there was a similar tacklin to an other brazilian player! The good thing was that it was not so strong and the hit was lower on the foot! Here the Ivorian took a yellow instead of a red again!!! the last minutes... I do not know... there were so many yellow card to be given in both sides that... :D

I hope this referee will not play again but... I am almost sure that we will see him playing very soon! (Platini is French!)

woooohooo! even i scored a goal against north korea today! ;)

:):):DB):D

the next game between north korea and the ivory coast should be very interesting. for the ivory coast to advance, they need portugal to lose against brazil, and then they need to make up a 9 goal differential! the north korea team will have their work cut out for them just to keep the scores low and respectable! i can't wait for that game! i like to see goals scored! :D

A few teams have been eliminated prior to the knockout round. Will see the field down by 1/2 in the next few days. Cameroon and North Korea officially eliminated.

1- AlliedOz - Cameroon (Group E)

2- Los Muertos - Mexico (Group A)

3- turlutortue - South Korea (Group B )

4- t4e - Paraguay (Group F)

5- cappazushi - New Zealand (Group F)

6- dfx - Serbia (Group D)

7- fossillady - South Africa - host country (Group A)

8- cincol - Australia (Group D)

9- Webxxi - Nigeria (Group B )

10- Mauison - Ivory Coast (Group G)

11- GATOULIS - Switzerland (Group H)

12- Howlingmoon - Uruguay (Group A)

13- M.TEX - Slovenia (Group C)

14- gardengorilla - Argentina (Group B )

15- Team CeDo - Denmark (Group E)

16- gelugon - Greece (Group B )

17- LadyBee4T - North Korea (Group G)

18- mar-elendili - Honduras (Group H)

19- Dark Elf - Germany (Group D)

20- Rokito87 - Netherlands (Group E)

21- Yemon Yime - Italy (Group F)

22- Vegas Gamblers - France (Group A)

23- Where'sMyMarbles - Ghana (Group D)

24- T@ndre - Portugal (Group H)

25- Odyssey Voyager - Algeria (Group C)

26- goosefraba1 - Chile (Group H)

27- Trracer - United States (Group C)

28- Harwell5 - Brazil (Group G)

29- Carbon Hunter - Japan (Group E)

30- kini_ont - Slovakia (Group F)

31- EdDakota - Spain (Group H)

32- ruidealmeida - England (Group C

woooohooo! even i scored a goal against north korea today! :laughing:

:(:D:):DB)

the next game between north korea and the ivory coast should be very interesting. for the ivory coast to advance, they need portugal to lose against brazil, and then they need to make up a 9 goal differential! the north korea team will have their work cut out for them just to keep the scores low and respectable! i can't wait for that game! i like to see goals scored! :yikes:

PORTUGAL :)

The titanic of France ended! Yes! they crached on the iceberg and sunked....

Greece said goodbye but I believe that she left with the head up!

Until the 77th minute we were 0-0 with Agrentina and we had chances!

But... we didn't have luck! 3 of our best players were injured in 7 minutes of the second half and we had to change them! So.. we couldn't put an other striker in when we needed.....

Anyway... we left happy and with a small bitter laugh because we could evn go to the next round! We scored 2 goals, we won a game, we stoped Argentina for 77 minutes, and argentina is one of the best teams in this turnament, and... we stoped Messi! That's quite good... if you count that many great teams with history in Mundials are out or about to say goodbye too soon! :P

Nigeria was too weak to win

Edited by GATOULIS

The Greek Team leaves with much respect for having played very well in a difficult group. kudos to the Greek Team! :D

on the other hand...the French Team and players leave with very little respect and basically "disgraced" for all the drama amongst the players and managers.

on the bright side...the South African team also says good-bye, but they played very well and raised their world ranking. kudos also goes out to "Bafana Bafana" for being such great hosts!

Mexico advances! ARRIBA MEXICO! :P

Few more eliminations

22- Vegas Gamblers - France (Group A) - Oh the drama

27- Trracer - United States (Group C)

28- Harwell5 - Brazil (Group G)

29- Carbon Hunter - Japan (Group E)

30- kini_ont - Slovakia (Group F)

31- EdDakota - Spain (Group H)

32- ruidealmeida - England (Group C

Edited by seekerfamily

but now the bad news...

Mexico will face Argentina in the knock out round. aye caramba! B)

Are you Mexican David?? ;) Because I think you have Algeria! :P

Hmm... if you are mexican and you go there.... I may have a special mission for you! :D:D

Yes, it will be a great game and difficult for Mexico! But... according to their coach... they wanted to play against Argentina! they want a revenge!

4 years ago, Argentina won the game against Maxico and mexico went home! :lol:

No matter what will happen or who will pass, I believe that we will see a great Latin american football game! :P

but now the bad news...

Mexico will face Argentina in the knock out round. aye caramba! :D

Are you Mexican David?? ;) Because I think you have Algeria! :P

My mother was born in Mexico and is now a U.S. citizen. My father was born in the U.S.A. but he was raised in Mexico, so am proudly a Mexican American...yes. i grew up playing mostly basketball in Texas, although a few childhood friends would play soccer (futbol), and i occasionally played soccer too, however, i would get tired of running so much! B)

i have a story for you Gatoulis:

when i was 9 years old, my family went to Mexico to visit relatives in the summer of 1970. we would visit almost every summer...but i could never understand why everyone was so crazy about soccer! my little cousins kept asking me about soccer players...who was my favorite, what country was i rooting for, who would win? i told them i didn't know anything about soccer, and they were totally shocked and surprised! then one day everyone stopped what they were doing, and in the middle of the day, they started watching a soccer game on TV...little did i know back then, but it was an international soccer game played for the World Cup of 1970 where Mexico was the host country! :lol: when i think about it now, i totally understand why everyone in Mexico was so excited about the game! many say that the Mexico World Cup of 1970 may have featured some of the best games ever played in world cup! i don't remember any of it, since i was taking a "siesta" while all of my cousins watched...lol... :D

1970 FIFA World Cup Mexico

but now the bad news...

Mexico will face Argentina in the knock out round. aye caramba! :lol:

Are you Mexican David?? B) Because I think you have Algeria! :P

My mother was born in Mexico and is now a U.S. citizen. My father was born in the U.S.A. but he was raised in Mexico, so am proudly a Mexican American...yes. i grew up playing mostly basketball in Texas, although a few childhood friends would play soccer (futbol), and i occasionally played soccer too, however, i would get tired of running so much! ;)

i have a story for you Gatoulis:

when i was 9 years old, my family went to Mexico to visit relatives in the summer of 1970. we would visit almost every summer...but i could never understand why everyone was so crazy about soccer! my little cousins kept asking me about soccer players...who was my favorite, what country was i rooting for, who would win? i told them i didn't know anything about soccer, and they were totally shocked and surprised! then one day everyone stopped what they were doing, and in the middle of the day, they started watching a soccer game on TV...little did i know back then, but it was an international soccer game played for the World Cup of 1970 where Mexico was the host country! :P when i think about it now, i totally understand why everyone in Mexico was so excited about the game! many say that the Mexico World Cup of 1970 may have featured some of the best games ever played in world cup! i don't remember any of it, since i was taking a "siesta" while all of my cousins watched...lol... :D

1970 FIFA World Cup Mexico

WOW!! So you speak Spanish too! :D

Oh boy!!! The 1970 Mundial was one of the best!!! Pele was at its best!!! I am afraid that you were the only one in Mexico who was taking a siesta at that time! :DB)

I was not born in 1970 but 5 years later, so I remember the Mexico 1986 mundial! I was even collecting the Panini stickers with the players! :D

Mexico had a great team! I still remember Hugo Sanchez! He was an artist of Football! :D

And I remember the Azteca stadium.... huge!!!! :D

Mexico went until the quarter finals if I remember well! There they lost in the penalties, against West Germany! Mexicans missed 2 penalties. But ok... Germany had a great team!!!

Actually all teams had so many great players... they are missing now!

In this mundial you have Messi, very close is Christiano Ronaldo.... then???

Back in 1986.... there was Maradona (in this mundial he scored the best goal of the century -Second goal - against Engalnd but in the same game..... "the hand of God" scored too - first goal -! :) ), and close there were so many excellent players.... from Spain, England, Argentina, Brazil, France.....

Are you visiting Mexico? :D

But... we didn't have luck! 3 of our best players were injured in 7 minutes of the second half and we had to change them! So.. we couldn't put an other striker in when we needed.....

Anyway... we left happy and with a small bitter laugh because we could evn go to the next round! We scored 2 goals, we won a game, we stoped Argentina for 77 minutes, and argentina is one of the best teams in this turnament, and... we stoped Messi! That's quite good... if you count that many great teams with history in Mundials are out or about to say goodbye too soon! :D

No sorry(ies) for Greece, after they took our European cup away!! (ok I know we lost fairly)

but no pity now :D

let us win something... PLZZZZZZZZZZZ :P

Anyway... we left happy and with a small bitter laugh because we could evn go to the next round! We scored 2 goals, we won a game, we stoped Argentina for 77 minutes, and argentina is one of the best teams in this turnament, and... we stoped Messi! That's quite good... if you count that many great teams with history in Mundials are out or about to say goodbye too soon! :P

No sorry(ies) for Greece, after they took our European cup away!! (ok I know we lost fairly)

but no pity now :)

let us win something... PLZZZZZZZZZZZ :P

:D:DB)

well it was a mirracle in 2004! none actually believed that we will go so far in the euro, in our 2nd participation in the turnament!

Sorry if we took it but.... we won Portugal 2 times! :lol:

It was amazing how "thirsty" our players were in winning! They played a very strong defence and they were lucky in scoring too! France, Czech republic and Portugal didn't score against us in the games after the groups!

Oh... some of the players we had then are missed now! They stoped but we didn't find equal ones to replace them! It is a little problem here... too many foreign players are playing so new greek plaeys are not eften lucky to be seen! ;) there are teams here that have 1 or 2 greek players only!!! This is very bad!

huh... I remember that I was trying to come to Portugal to see the semi final and who knows... the final but there were no tickets at all! Czech team was a very very strong team! It was amazing how we won! after the Euro, they asked a freindly game again probably as a revenge but they didn't win that either! It was a tie! :D

I am still trying to find the silver coins of the euro 2004! Unfortunatelly they are too high... maybe one day I will find one! I think they hs a strange face value... or 8 euros! :D

I hope the best for Portugal my friend! :D After all... there is a player in the team that we love a lot! He played in AEK athens (my favorite team), and we still love him! :D I am talking about Bruno Alves! :D He is amazing! B)

Are you visiting Mexico? B)

no, i do not visit Mexico very often anymore...sadly...i live much further away now and the border region is very dangerous. travel to the interior requires a passport, and there are many restrictions. so, i haven't been to Mexico in 4 years! :D

i remember the 1986 Mundial very well, too! i was in college then, and myself and all the students from Mexico and other countries would spend many hours in the student lounge watching the games on TV instead of studying! :D Hugo Sanchez was popular before the Mundial but he became a God after the Mundial! the 1986 World Cup was the reason many students got such poor grades in class that semester...lol... :P

i hope the USA plays well today! they must advance for more Americans to watch and embrace the sport! 1 hour before the game starts! GO USA!

USA and England move on to the next round while Algeria and Slovenia are eliminated in Group C play.

22- Vegas Gamblers - France (Group A) - Oh the drama