Custom Coin Options

SmallWorldTreks_Bee

I have been looking at having custom coins made and found one company (listed here at geocaching.com) that offers to do this for free. Does anyone have experience with this? Sounds like they would give me a portion of what they make and then they sell the rest. The 'free' part seems too good to be true so I was hoping for some advice here to help me make a decision.

Thank you!

Check out the pinned thread at the top of the Forum; there are quite a few vendors who will do this sort of deal with you. I think it's a pretty good deal if you don't have the (considerably large amount of) funds to do it yourself. The hangup, of course, is that the vendor will have to decide whether your design is likely to sell. So if you get turned down by one vendor, don't despair -- shop your design around.

Edited by Jackalgirl

Which company are you referring to?

coinsandpins

I found a coin of theirs and it is absolutely gorgeous. Wondering if anyone has used this method to produce custom coins and how it worked out. I am thinking about placing our logo on the coin.

Just about all the larger vendours have produced "customer designs". Some will produce of their own expense and give you a handful of freebies, or the option of Artist Edition, while others will promote their Pre-Sale Option where they sell coins before production even begins. Personally I have a problem with pre-sales, regardless of the reputation of the company, so I avoid them.... but that's just me.

Edited by Droo