Found a Benchmark by accident, how to log it?

Lone Duck

I found a benchmark by spotting the witness post while driving past it. I went back and checked it out, getting the coordinates for it from my GPS. The trouble is, this one appears to be very ancient, because it was a concrete marker that was difficult to read. I didn't see any survey disk next to it, but didn't look either because I was focused on the concrete post.

How do I find it on the benchmark pages here? Trying to do so by coordinates didn't seem to work. The closet mark is one that I had just found, which was almost a mile away.

If there is a modern witness post there, should there also be a survey disk of some sort? This one was on the grassy center median of a busy roadway.

That Quack Cacher:

Lone Duck

When you don't know where you're going, every road will take you there.

I'll have to go back and look. It was definitly a witness post, but it was sloppy business on my part that I didn't read it closely or take a picture of it. I'll need to revisit it anyway in order to verify if there is a disk.

It is a busy roadway, and I didn't like being in the median, so I rushed it. The marker I did take a picture of is a concrete post about 18 inches high set in a concrete base, with lettering on one side. It looked like it said:

NW

LoL

No3

I'll head back there this evening and see what I find.

That Quack Cacher:

Lone Duck

When you don't know where you're going, every road will take you there.