Moto Droid geocache app - not your usual request

I don't get out and geocache everyday. I even let my premium member status lapse last January, as I just don't have the time. However, I'll renew my status again this summer.

The way I have been geocaching is by running a pocket query and loading it into my GSAK version 6.6.4. I never did pay for the newer version as the old one seems to work just fine for me. Then I export a .gpx file to my Dell Axim and use either GpxView or GpxSonar to be able to use paperless caching. For my GPS, I used to use a Garmin 60CS and now use the 60CSx. I like this method, as I then have my geocache database on my PC. I don't have a bunch of conflicting programs. I'm simply using the same exact information as found on GSAK, although an exported version. I realize it is important for me to keep running new PQ's, importing to GSAK, exporting to .gpx, then copying over to paperless caching device. I don't want the big database on my paperless caching device, because it's just too vulnerable to damage. I don't want the chance of losing the information. Keep it safe...keep it on my PC with GSAK.

I am picking Moto Droid soon, maybe even today. I want a geocaching app that doesn't replace my 60CSx, nor GSAK version 6.6.4. I plan on just using the Droid as the replacement for the Axim, meaning I'll just use it as a paperless caching device. I do not wish it to replace my GPS. I do not wish to lay my Droid down in the rocks or dirt like I do my GPS.

Any suggestions?

My husband and I have been using our 2 Droids for caching. His is more accurate with the GPS (eg-getting us there) and I've used mine, along with (reference to unauthorized application removed by Groundspeak) app, to read the hints, posts, log our finds, etc. We have just purchased a garmin gpsmap 60csx and plan to continue using our Droids in the same fashion--just using it for additional info., paperless, etc.

(reference to unauthorized application removed by Groundspeak) is the only app we've used thus far, but I just downloaded geobeagle and plan to check it out next time we go caching to see if I like it any better than (reference to unauthorized application removed by Groundspeak). (reference to unauthorized application removed by Groundspeak) has some problems with force closes--some days are worse than others, meaning sometimes we can go out for days at a time without a FC, then one day it will FC repeatedly. But I do like the ease of use and being able to see just about everything that you can see about a cache just like you would if you were sitting at your computer.

Hope that helps!

I already owned Cachemate when I got my Moto Droid so I moved it to the Droid from my old Palm. I primarily use Cachemate for the paperless aspect but I have also used it for finding a few caches when I didn't have my GPS with me. A periodic PQ for my general area and I can be flexible to hunt a cache if I have some time but do not have my GPS.