Garmin Oregon Beta (3.52/3.82)

Oregon x50

Changes made from version 3.51 to 3.52:

* Added geocache filtering. Select Setup > Geocaches to add custom filters.

* Improved keyboard responsiveness.

* Fix hang searching for POI.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/store/downloads...5&pID=26876

Oregon x00

Changes made from version 3.81 to 3.82:

* Added Geocache filtering. Select Setup > Geocaches to add custom filters.

* Fixed issue syncing with BaseCamp.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/store/downloads...5&pID=14904

That worked! Tried the same link like 3 minutes ago and couldn’t get anything to happen. Gremlins?

Hopefully those same Gremlins don't make it into your GPS :blink:

Anyway, to the OP thanks for the heads up. I just DL'd the 3.51 the other day. Time for another upgrade. :(

I've got an Oregon 300 and the webupdater doesn't show the latest firmware as being available (3.82). It has 3.80 as the latest...

You will need to go to product page and click on the "software" link on the right side.

Think I found a bug with 3.82... Try setting up your "main menu" from "setup". Scroll over a couple pages and youll see the colors get all funky.

Anyone else confirm?

I've got an Oregon 300 and the webupdater doesn't show the latest firmware as being available (3.82). It has 3.80 as the latest...

You will need to go to product page and click on the "software" link on the right side.

Think I found a bug with 3.82... Try setting up your "main menu" from "setup". Scroll over a couple pages and youll see the colors get all funky.

Anyone else confirm?

negative on my 300 no funky colors here

Anyone else confirm?

Do you have all your icons enabled? In other words are you hiding any icons from your main menu?

I have a few hidden and the colors only become messed up on the pages showing hidden icons.

Anyone else confirm?

Do you have all your icons enabled? In other words are you hiding any icons from your main menu?

I have a few hidden and the colors only become messed up on the pages showing hidden icons.

ok changed profile to one with hidden icons and yea the colors do seem sort strange on the icons not selected

Anyone else confirm?

ok changed profile to one with hidden icons and yea the colors do seem sort strange on the icons not selected

Thanks for confirming :blink:

I sent an email to garmin.

A good start. The interface could use some "set all", "clear all" type of features. It would be nice to be able to save filters for use later.

But I'm not complaining :blink:

You can save filters for later use, go to: setup>geocaches>filter setup. The saved filters then show up under the geocache screen.

A good start. The interface could use some "set all", "clear all" type of features. It would be nice to be able to save filters for use later.

But I'm not complaining :blink:

You can save filters for later use, go to: setup>geocaches>filter setup. The saved filters then show up under the geocache screen.

Nice! Great find, I should have looked around a bit more.

found a major bug, viewing caches from map mode selecting the cache and trying to read the description on caches will lock the unit. oregon 300

EDIT: reverted back to 3.81 3.82 looks good sitting inside having a quick look at features but out in the field its crippling, caches missing/not displaying, lock ups on cache descriptions from map view and a few other niggles

Edited by borrie869

found a major bug, viewing caches from map mode selecting the cache and trying to read the description on caches will lock the unit. oregon 300

EDIT: reverted back to 3.81 3.82 looks good sitting inside having a quick look at features but out in the field its crippling, caches missing/not displaying, lock ups on cache descriptions from map view and a few other niggles

Oregon 300 -works for me. Reloaded the GPX file after the icons screwed up. All fine now.

Oregon 300 -works for me. Reloaded the GPX file after the icons screwed up. All fine now.

im not talking icons im talking caches missing from the database that reappeared after reverting the firmware and when seeing a cache displayed in map mode tapping on it and trying to read the description would lock the unit

I don't seem to have this issue on mine... weird.

I've tried loading a bunch of different caches too. No hang ups or freezes.

You can see this problem on any release if the GPX load didn't succeed during the last reboot (i.e. you had to pull batteries because of a hang).

I had the same problem with mine after the update. I normally update the caches on my Oregon 550 every couple of days anyways so it was a no brainer for me. Loaded a new file from GSAK and all my caches show up and all of the icons are fixed.