Answers for software, data, and setup used to find BM's (some details of my methods + links)

DBleess

I know the question gets asked from time to time about how people like to collect and use the data to find marks.

This is the text file of the notes I use for benchmark data collection and collation.

http://members.cox.net/dmbleess/geocache/benchmarks.txt

I'm going to try to remember to update it once in a while.

If you reply here, cc: Email me with any questions or ideas for clarification, or improvements. Thanks.

My equipment list:

GPS48 (Marine waterproof) / Palm M130 (+aftermarket waterproof cover --no paper YIPPEE!) / Rags, Digital camera, and a screwdriver to poke holes through the grass without digging.

SA / PP-ASEL-I

A couple of things that I want to point out:

1. You reference the USGS datasheets. It is clear that you are referring to NGS datasheets, which, of course, contain some, but by not means all, USGS benchmarks.

2. You reference the 10 mile radius limit on geocaching. You can increase this up to 30 miles by adding "&dist=30" to the url after a search. "30" can be any number up to 30. Also, the select all function (which includes the not founds, aka skulls), can be obtained by adding "&all=Y".