Weird 60CSx behavior

Has anyone with a 60CSx had this happen? Today was the second time it's done this...

I unplugged the USB cable and everything immediately went to factory settings. I could instantly tell because my start up "beep sound" changed. I had to set everything back, including resending all my favorites/waypoints.

I didn't use the "eject" or "stop hardware" Windows feature, but I've done it a zillion times before without problems. I also hadn't recently sent anything to the GPS, either. Weird... :)

I am finding with my Map60CSx units, that I should power down before unplugging. When my GPS is mounted as a drive, I hit the power button, to unmount it as a drive, also I sometimes remember to power off before unplugging. There have been times, I would unplug before powering off, and the GPS makes sounds, like it is being killed, with the awfull beeps.

Electronics do wear out over time, and especially faster when not turned off before plugging/unplugging.

Has anyone with a 60CSx had this happen? Today was the second time it's done this...

I unplugged the USB cable and everything immediately went to factory settings. I could instantly tell because my start up "beep sound" changed. I had to set everything back, including resending all my favorites/waypoints.

I didn't use the "eject" or "stop hardware" Windows feature, but I've done it a zillion times before without problems. I also hadn't recently sent anything to the GPS, either. Weird... :blink:

The problem may with with USB and not the receiver. USB is a bit sensitive to things - for example having multiple USB devices plugged in at the same time, occasionally if you unplug one while you are accessing another you may loose or corrupt data.

The problem may with with USB and not the receiver. USB is a bit sensitive to things - for example having multiple USB devices plugged in at the same time, occasionally if you unplug one while you are accessing another you may loose or corrupt data.

Could be, I guess, but I doubt it. I have two USB ports on this laptop. One is take by an external hard drive and the other has a USB hub. The only things on the hub are the 60CSx/Nuvi/Camera/Etc USB cable, which is usually unused...and an external mouse. That's it. No "high drain" devices at all...