Changes in maps

SightNSound Coords

Oh, that is so a bummer and I had just learned about that feature last week.

I thought it was pretty cool being able to navigate within the larger Google map on the cache page, see satellite or map views, zoom in and out and all. One step forward, two steps back.

Strange, it still works on my computer. Just click on it and it opens a new page with the ability to navigate and populate with caches in the map area. Am I missing something?

Well now it is showing up in IE and seamonky and firfox.

In IE Clicking the maps yields nothing.

SeaMonkey & firefox works.

But the missing controls are still missing.

~~~ADD~~~

If clicking the map does nothing for you you can always click

For online maps...

Geocaching.com Google Map

Edited by Vater_Araignee

Now you can't look up any of the nearby caches by clicking on the map. It really downgraded the usefulness of the map a TON. :)

I was surprised to see that, too. But the "View Map" link (just below the coordinates) works fine, so I'll just use that.

I recall seeing GS staff in the "Geocaching.com Web Site" section of these forums state that the issues with the mini-maps on cache pages was a temporary issue that they were aware of and would be restored in the near future. I think the mod said something about a Java issue.

I am sooo irritated that Groundspeak changed the maps on the cache pages - they really made the larger map on the page next to useless, when before it was amazingly helpful. Now you can't look up any of the nearby caches by clicking on the map. It really downgraded the usefulness of the map a TON. :)

They've also downgraded every cache/event page by including that "like" button. :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

I am sooo irritated that Groundspeak changed the maps on the cache pages - they really made the larger map on the page next to useless, when before it was amazingly helpful. Now you can't look up any of the nearby caches by clicking on the map. It really downgraded the usefulness of the map a TON. :blink:

In the end, it's not that big of a deal. I was disappointed at first, but you can click the link on the other side that says Geocaching.com Google maps and get the same thing.

works fine for me....

Perhaps they made some slight changes, and some cached pages on some peoples browsers are the problem. I have mine set to clear everything when I close it.

If you are having a problem, try clearing you browser cache....

Wait.

Cache, lol.

Browser cache,

geo cache ...

Sorry, think its time for bed..

I am sooo irritated that Groundspeak changed the maps on the cache pages - they really made the larger map on the page next to useless, when before it was amazingly helpful. Now you can't look up any of the nearby caches by clicking on the map. It really downgraded the usefulness of the map a TON. :blink:

In the end, it's not that big of a deal. I was disappointed at first, but you can click the link on the other side that says Geocaching.com Google maps and get the same thing.

Sort of.. but if you're not doing paperless caching and using the aerial photo it requires printing an extra page since the map is now on it's own page not the cache page.