Dinosaur Train PBS Caches

I'd love a special Icon... Hell, I'd travel 70 miles from my house to the nearest one just for that ICON. I refuse to miss it like I did with the 10 years, and locationless. And soon to be APE if it goes missing.

Closest one to me is 173 miles away. My son would probably enjoy them since he likes that show. There's one in California and I'll be out there with my son next month but it's at the wrong end of the state.

Hi Everyone,

I work for Thirteen/WNET.ORG the PBS station in New York, and we're happy to hear that you would like to get a Dinosaur Train geocache in your area! We are facilitating the Dinosaur Train geocaches on behalf of The Jim Henson Company nationally. We have more Dinosaur Train geocaches that are available to send to your local PBS stations. If your viewing area does not already have a Dinosaur Train geocache, please contact (call or email) your local PBS station and let them know you want one. We'd be happy to send them a geocache. If you have any questions or ideas on how to get your local PBS station involved please feel free to contact me.

Audrey Hornick-Becker

Coordinator, Children's and Educational Programming Outreach

THIRTEEN/WNET

Email: Hornickbeckera@thirteen.org

Hi Everyone,

I work for Thirteen/WNET.ORG the PBS station in New York, and we're happy to hear that you would like to get a Dinosaur Train geocache in your area! We are facilitating the Dinosaur Train geocaches on behalf of The Jim Henson Company nationally. We have more Dinosaur Train geocaches that are available to send to your local PBS stations. If your viewing area does not already have a Dinosaur Train geocache, please contact (call or email) your local PBS station and let them know you want one. We'd be happy to send them a geocache. If you have any questions or ideas on how to get your local PBS station involved please feel free to contact me.

Audrey Hornick-Becker

THIRTEEN/WNET

I want one, but I don't know how to find out where the nearest PBS station is.

*edit. Too far away for me to place it. ABQ, Denver or Grand Junction. Oh well.

Edited by MooseJawSpruce

Hi Everyone,

Audrey Hornick-Becker

THIRTEEN/WNET

I'm not sure where in Colorado you are but you can find a list of Rocky Mountain PBS stations here

http://www.rmpbs.org/contact/

If there is one near your location you can fill out the form on the link above to let them know you'd like a Dinosaur Train geocache from WNET and Henson Company. If you have other geocaching friends you can tell them to do the same. Let me know if this works for you.

Edited by Audreyhb

Hi Everyone,

Audrey Hornick-Becker

THIRTEEN/WNET

I'm not sure where in Colorado you are but you can find a list of Rocky Mountain PBS stations here

If there is one near your location you can fill out the form on the link above to let them know you'd like a Dinosaur Train geocache from WNET and Henson Company. If you have other geocaching friends you can tell them to do the same. Let me know if this works for you.

What does it mean when it says Durango, CO in care of some address in Grand Junction?

I live in Durango- that would be easy to maintain.

Hi Everyone,

Audrey Hornick-Becker

THIRTEEN/WNET

You can also find the Spinosaurus Dinosaur Train geocache in Colorado here:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...da-46f468875d80

Hi Everyone,

Audrey Hornick-Becker

THIRTEEN/WNET

228 miles is a long way for a cache. But I do have some others over that way I want to get- plus I could use the excuse to go visit my sister. Hummm, good to know.

So is this a partnership with Dinosaur Train or PBS?

In Canada, Dinosaur Train is shown on CBC (and we don't have PBS)...

Dinosaur Train is produced by the Jim Henson Company. Thirteen/WNET.ORG is the PBS station in New York. We are helping to facilitate this initiative for Dinosaur Train geocaches on behalf of the Jim Henson Company. I will pass on the requests to get one in Canada. Thanks for your interest.

We definitely have them available to send to PBS stations in the United States if anyone else is interested in contacting their local PBS station.

Audrey Hornick-Becker

Thirteen/WNET

Email: hornickbeckera@thirteen.org

I found out about this today and have done some searches, but I don't know how to find them close to my zip code or city. Any hints for searching for these close to home? THanks!

This bookmark list has about 100 of them, although several have been archived. It's not sorted by proximity to you, but the column between the checkbox and the GC code should tell you how far away each is from your home coordinates (and in which direction). You could scan for low numbers.

Good luck!

I found out about this today and have done some searches, but I don't know how to find them close to my zip code or city. Any hints for searching for these close to home? THanks!

This bookmark list has about 100 of them, although several have been archived. It's not sorted by proximity to you, but the column between the checkbox and the GC code should tell you how far away each is from your home coordinates (and in which direction). You could scan for low numbers.

Good luck!

I seem to have left out the, you know, actual bookmark list. Here it is:

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=68d9d9b7-2756-4fb1-ade7-cb77172bb6f1

Hi Everyone,

Audrey Hornick-Becker

THIRTEEN/WNET

Hmmmmm. appears no special icon for these :surprise:

Hi Everyone,

Audrey Hornick-Becker

THIRTEEN/WNET

Does WLIW21 count as a separate PBS station?