Wait? What?

You are receiving this email because you are the owner of this listing.

xxxxxxxx found xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Traditional Cache) at 6/2/2010

Log Date: 6/2/2010

Logged from my phone using the Geocache Navigator by Trimble

Upgraded cache to a larger ammo can to give more room for trackables.

TYFTC

As topic title already says... Wait? What?

Who would think it's a good idea to replace someone else's cache container with something else without first checking with the owner? Especially if there's nothing wrong with the container. We can see replacing a leaky container that's in danger of having its contents destroyed by the weather without first checking, but even then...

Edited by The Wandering Stars

TYFTC

Who would think it's a good idea to replace someone else's cache container with something else without first checking with the owner? Especially if there's nothing wrong with the container. We can see replacing a leaky container that's in danger of having its contents destroyed by the weather without first checking, but even then...

In these parts, ammo cans have a tendency to be replaced with something else...but people don't usually admit it in their logs...

That someone would "upgrade" a cache in such a manner is rather bizarre. Takes all kinds, I guess.

As for motive, it occurs to me that maybe they foolishly took a large TB and and weren't been able to find a cache large enough to get rid of it. So...in desperation, they upsized an existing cache? (Well, it's a theory, anyway... :rolleyes: )

TYFTC

In these parts, ammo cans have a tendency to be replaced with something else...but people don't usually admit it in their logs...

That someone would "upgrade" a cache in such a manner is rather bizarre. Takes all kinds, I guess.

As for motive, it occurs to me that maybe they foolishly took a large TB and and weren't been able to find a cache large enough to get rid of it. So...in desperation, they upsized an existing cache? (Well, it's a theory, anyway... ;) )

:rolleyes: Did you thank them? If there was plenty of room at GZ without making it more prone to being muggled I'd be happy....ammo cans are very low maintenance!

I once found a film can in the woods. It was nothing special. Just sitting under some bark next to the base of a tree. The cache description included "sorry I didn't have a larger container with me." Well I did so I replaced the film can with a larger Tupperware container, including a bunch of swag inside it. There was plenty of broken bark to cover it all.

Shortly after logging my find, I received an email from the cache owner, berating me for messing up his hide. I had the same response. "Wait? What?"

:ph34r: Did you thank them? If there was plenty of room at GZ without making it more prone to being muggled I'd be happy....ammo cans are very low maintenance!

No I didn't. There was not enough room for a larger ammo can without making it more visible, if there would have been we'd have hidden a larger one. Point is too that you just don't mess w/ someone else's cache, certainly not w/o first asking/contacting the owner.