Etrex Legend-C problem

Haven't used "Old Blue" for a long time as I have a Nuvi 255W. But want to use it now.

Running mapsource program I have three versions to select: City Navigator NT 2010.4 City Select North America V7 and City Select North America V6.

The eTrex and all map programs are "up to date" according to Garmin.

I want to transfer waypoints and maps to the eTrex but the Map check box is grayed out so I cannot transfer maps as I did in the past before installing City Navigator NT.

No matter which software I have selected from the drop down list in MapSource box I get an error message when I click "send to device" that my device will not accept maps from City nav. Nt and I need to select a different device.

Haven't used "Old Blue" for a long time as I have a Nuvi 255W. But want to use it now.

Running mapsource program I have three versions to select: City Navigator NT 2010.4 City Select North America V7 and City Select North America V6.

The eTrex and all map programs are "up to date" according to Garmin.

I want to transfer waypoints and maps to the eTrex but the Map check box is grayed out so I cannot transfer maps as I did in the past before installing City Navigator NT.

No matter which software I have selected from the drop down list in MapSource box I get an error message when I click "send to device" that my device will not accept maps from City nav. Nt and I need to select a different device.

Is City Nav unlocked to the Legend?

Aside from that issue, a Legend C only has 24 megs of memory and City Nav has a lot of information, which means large files. Perhaps Mapsource knows that the maps you want to load won't fit on the C?

I think you'd be more successful in loading a City Select product which is older, like the gps, and more likely to have reasonable map file sizes.

I actually have a Legend C, and it's a great unit, but the storage size is its major limitation.

Edited by Dr Jeckyl and Mr Hide