WARNING about Fallen Heroes Geocoins

Team kizb

On May 2, 2010 I ordered seven Fallen Heroes Geocoins from usageocoins.com with the intent to give them out to some friends in my local area to place in caches for Memorial Day. These coins SHOULD have came Pre-activated as a memorial to an individual soldier that lost their lives in Iraq or Afghanistan as stated on the website USA Geocoins . When I received them they were NOT pre-activated as the website stated they would be. I'm unable to activate them since they are owned by a special account setup for for the Fallen Heroes Geocoin series.

About a month has passed now and after several e-mails back and forth with USA Geocoins saying the issue would be resolved, I still have coins that are not activated and am unable to activate them myself.

I see this as false advertising on the part of USA Geocoins. They also continue to sell these coins on their website with no mention of them being shipped un-activated. My last e-mail to them on 29 May has been unanswered as of 2 June.

Anyone else experienced problems when buying the Fallen Heroes Geocoins from usageocoins.com??

When I purchased some, half were pre activated, and half I was told that sending them an email would get them bumped up on the list to get activated, and to please hold them until it was done. I was told that the actications are done by a team of volunteers, so I guess they got behind. I agree that that should hold off on selling them until they get caught up though.

I'm sorry to hear that yours are being delayed so long, but have patience, it will get resolved. I think it's a little unfair to call it falso advertising just because there's a little dalay. Best of luck. Make sure to include the tracking numbed=rs of the individual coins you have in hand when contacting them, and then they will be able to put them at the top of the list.

When I purchased some, half were pre activated, and half I was told that sending them an email would get them bumped up on the list to get activated, and to please hold them until it was done. I was told that the actications are done by a team of volunteers, so I guess they got behind. I agree that that should hold off on selling them until they get caught up though.

I'm sorry to hear that yours are being delayed so long, but have patience, it will get resolved. I think it's a little unfair to call it falso advertising just because there's a little dalay. Best of luck. Make sure to include the tracking numbed=rs of the individual coins you have in hand when contacting them, and then they will be able to put them at the top of the list.

On May 17th I was told "We are working through the backlog. Please e-mail me your coin numbers directly so I can insure they get moved to the top of the list." So on May 19th I sent the list of coins that I had with no results.

The method that they use to activate the coins doesn't matter. If you advertise a product and you're not able to deliver said advertised product, then your selling the product user false terms. If you buy a can of Beer and you open it and take a drink and its in fact Diet Coke, wouldn't you be mad that you were not sold the product you thought you were getting?

If they know that there is a backlog in activating the coins then at the very least they should post a note on their site to that effect to inform their customers of the issue. Not continue to sell the coins as pre-activated.

I purchased 5 at Christmas time to give to my great nephews and great neices...it took about 2 1/2 week for all to get activated....they are worth the wait....I mailed one to a geocaching scout troop at a Navy Base in Japan....they really liked it.... hang in there :laughing:

USA Geocoins has a group of volunteers that sets up each individual geocoin page (we are not one of the volunteers, but know someone who is). It is possible that the person who is supposed to take care of your coins has the info in his/her inbox, but has not gotten around to it yet. Hopefully, it is resolved soon for you...it is well worth the wait.

Hello all.

I am alive and well. :)

I apologize for the delays and am working through the activations. The volunteers are down to me and one other very generous person that has been helping with the activations since day 1 of this program.

We are working through the backlog and appreciate the patience that has been shown. I do apologize and some have noticed I have not been here in the forums for a bit but I am now back online and getting caught up!

All the coins will be activated shortly.

Thanks!

Eric Kirkland

USA Geocoins

Wish I would have seen these posts earlier. Ordered a bunch of geocoins from USAGEOCOINS. They were never shipped until I finally filed a complaint with PayPal (that was after a half dozen emails and a couple of phone calls)/ I finally got the coins and like everyone else, no activation codes. I have emailed repeatedly but have never received a response. I WILL NEVER ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY AGAIN.

Wish I would have seen these posts earlier. Ordered a bunch of geocoins from USAGEOCOINS. They were never shipped until I finally filed a complaint with PayPal (that was after a half dozen emails and a couple of phone calls)/ I finally got the coins and like everyone else, no activation codes. I have emailed repeatedly but have never received a response. I WILL NEVER ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY AGAIN.

Tried going to the site today and it now appears that it is no longer active. hmmm, from what I've read it seems something shady is going on with that particular company.

Wow, this thread is nearly 10 years old.  I just found one of these Fallen Heores geocoins in a cache yesterday, and was fascinated.  I was interested in perhaps purchasing some myself, but when I go to the link in the "Fallen Heroes Geocoins" profile it takes me to a Japanese website.  Yikes.  Bummer, because this was a great idea.

• Upvote 1

Just picked up one today that's been lost for 13 years. I also checked into purchasing one today as its a fantastic idea but got timed out waiting for the website to load. The link on the trackable page to find out about the fallen hero brings you to the Washington Post as well. At least the coin honoring Pfc. Pablo Manzano who made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom on 8/25/2003 is back in circualtion. RIP!

Lest We Forget!!

• Upvote 1