Verizon not supporting geocaching

Well I just got my new android incredible today. I was checking into geocaching programs and found out the one I was thinking about was not supported by verizon on the incredible.

Now I am wondering if when Groundspeak comes out with the geocaching program for incredible, if verizon will block their access and not support them either.

I hope that the powers that be at Groundspeak works out details with verizon so that their program will be supported on the verizon system.

Edited by Team Gilo
Well I just got my new android incredible today. I was checking into geocaching programs and found out the one I was thinking about was not supported by verizon on the incredible.

Now I am wondering if when Groundspeak comes out with the geocaching program for incredible, if verizon will block their access and not support them either.

I hope that the powers that be at Groundspeak works out details with verizon so that their program will be supported on the verizon system.

Got my new Incredible yesterday and found it refreshing that Verizon had not messed with the phone. I found quite a few apps available in the Market.

What app were you looking for?

P.S. this will probably get moved to the GPS and Technology board.

Quick Question: There is no official app for the android yet, am I right? Therefore, it is mandatory to use a secondary app. Would you consider these people freeloaders when no other option is available? What if that person happens to be a premium... This is what I see happening here. I'd suggest using GC droid. It runs off pocket queries... So considering you are a premium you aren't "abusing" anything...

Quick Question: There is no official app for the android yet, am I right? Therefore, it is mandatory to use a secondary app. Would you consider these people freeloaders when no other option is available? What if that person happens to be a premium... This is what I see happening here. I'd suggest using GC droid. It runs off pocket queries... So considering you are a premium you aren't "abusing" anything...

I keep bumping the Droid App thread, but haven't received a definitive date for it being offered. When it is offered, I will buy it.

But this thread is not about freeloaders. There's another thread where people can call others names over in the main board.

Maybe I'm missing something. What does Verizon have to do with Geocaching? Until the official Groundspeak app comes out there are a few other alternatives (not including the TOU violator) available that work fine with android phones on Verizon's network. Geobeagle seems to be popular.

Maybe I'm missing something. What does Verizon have to do with Geocaching? Until the official Groundspeak app comes out there are a few other alternatives (not including the TOU violator) available that work fine with android phones on Verizon's network. Geobeagle seems to be popular.

Not sure. Many Verizon phones locked the GPS to specific applications, but I thought none of the Droids did.

Not sure. Many Verizon phones locked the GPS to specific applications, but I thought none of the Droids did.

I have been able to use my droid with geobeagle and another application and it has worked wonderful except if I don't have internet service which so far has only happened at one location.

Verizon stopped locking the GPS on their phones a year or two ago. AFAIK, no new phones have the GPS locked.