How many states have you recovered BM from?

rogbarn

I claim 4 1/2 states.

I've got VA, MD, DC and NJ.

I can almost claim DE too. JU3840 is listed in MD, but it's a Mason-Dixon survey monument along the border, so it seems half of it should be considered in Delaware.

I hope to get a legit DE mark soon, and I do plan trips to PA and WV in the not-too-distant future!

Dad and I were talking about the web site this eve and he reminded me of the ones we found while living and hunting in other states, if so I can add Arinona ,Colorado,California, if not one of these days I will get back to log them some of them were way up in the Colorado Rockies and the Gila Wilderness.He is also amazed to see how fast the GPS intrests have expanded and this web site.

quote:
Originally posted by Web-ling:

Texas, Ohio, New Mexico, Colorado, Indiana, Missouri, and one that's 1/4 in Kansas, 1/4 in Oklahoma, and 1/2 in Missouri.

The tri-points are pretty neat. Someday, I'll get a chance to grab one. But now that this topic as come up, aren't you kicking yourself for not getting one in Kansas and Oklahoma to completely claim those states?! icon_wink.gif

quote:

Texas, Ohio, New Mexico, Colorado, Indiana, Missouri, and one that's 1/4 in Kansas, 1/4 in Oklahoma, and 1/2 in Missouri.

The tri-points are pretty neat. Someday, I'll get a chance to grab one. But now that this topic as come up, aren't you kicking yourself for not getting one in Kansas and Oklahoma to completely claim those states?! icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by RogBarn:

quote:

Actually, looking back at my logs, there WAS one I'd forgotten about in Kansas - about 50 yards NW of the tri-mark. And I looked for one in Oklahoma, but couldn't find it. so I've actually got 7 1/4 states.

25021_1200.gif

quote:
Originally posted by RogBarn:

quote:

Actually, looking back at my logs, there WAS one I'd forgotten about in Kansas - about 50 yards NW of the tri-mark. And I looked for one in Oklahoma, but couldn't find it. so I've actually got 7 1/4 states.

25021_1200.gif

In addition to previous stations logged in DC, VA, MD, DE and NJ, this weekend I visited two in PA, giving me a total of 6 states (or equivalents, and I *do* count your nation's capital, the District of Columbia).

My latest finds - though not yet formally logged - are JU0830 and JU0779, in or near Chester, PA (south of Philadelphia).

Next stop: West Virginia!

Theres lots of places to get triples but only one place to get a Quad, it is AD9256. I have been to this BM (just like a gazillion other folks), but that was a long time ago. I guess I could log this one retro, but that just isn't my style. Thanks for pointing out the multi-state facet of BMing. I now have my eyes on CO NE WY.

Happy hunting,

R7

[This message was edited by rescueseven on October 16, 2002 at 10:31 AM.]