Trackables Collections

Dr.MORO

I am coming in late to this thread, but I have read over the whole thing.

At first when I saw this new feature, I was happy because having an option to put coins in a "collection" instead of in an archived or unactivated cache is something people have been asking for for a long time. However, this new feature is very confusing to me.

First, the terminology of "collectible" and "non-collectible". Am I understanding this correctly that if you mark a traveler as "collectible" you are saying that geocachers are welcome to KEEP the item? If I am not understanding this right, then I suggest a change in wording.

Second, I have a list of coins in an unactivated cache. The only way that I can figure out how to put them in my "collection" is to retrieve each and every one, individually, using their tracking codes, and then move them one by one into my "collection". Is that correct? If so, I think I will just leave them in the cache where they are.

Thanks for trying with this update, but I think it needs a lot of work.

Thanks for trying with this update, but I think it needs a lot of work.

So what are you suggesting?

Change the wording to make things clearer. If users who have been on the site for years are confused, you know that newbies are going to have their heads explode.

Make it easier to move items from owners' "personal caches" to collections.