Tacoma to Redding, CA

ZeroHecksGiven

So it's that time again. Time for me to get in my car and drive somwhere and I need your advice. The GPS maze is in Redding, CA, not THAT far from Tacoma. I'm missing an icon, need to drive and will be in Astoria for the goonies 25th anniversary. So why not hut the pavement and see some country?

I'm seeking any and all advice on caches to get between Portland and redding via I-5.

I'll be leaving tacoma early Saturday for the goonies event in Astoria, hang around town for a bit and then head as far as I can before sleep calls my name. Sunday will be spent getting to Redding and enjoying turtle bay. I then have until Monday night to find my way back home to Tacoma. 

I know there is a TON of area there and I will be stopping for the original stash tribute or whatever. But open to ideas anywhere near that stretch of road.

Thanks!

Dustin

If you take another trip from Spokane to Redding you could take US 97 from Biggs, OR (I-84) to Weed, CA (I-5). Plenty of caches in Bend and Klamath Falls.

I made the trip from Terrebonnne, Ore to Los Angelas via hwy 97 on June 3rd. It poured rain the whole way to Redding.

I will come back another time when it isn't raining and the sage isn't blooming.

This has reminded me that I need to log a couple of DNF on two caches near Steelhead Falls on the Deschutes River.

I had to use the GPS from my truck and tried to teach my nephew how math can help have fun.

I must have used the wrong formula to try to convert the minutes and seconds my truck gps uses.

Oh well we had a nice hike.