Internal Server Error trying to download PQ files

leitko4

Same thing here.

Can anyone download PQ results now?

I guess I can trim my PQ to return 500 caches so I can get some results. (Will those who told us how wonderful this was so we didn't lose our e-mailed results hang their heads at least?)

Yeah - Unfortunately, I've run mine at 1000 and can't download them and since the limit is 5 per day, I can't rerun them at 500. I love the 1000 limit though, just have to be able to download them.

Just had this happen while attempting to pull a My Finds PQ after a huge cache weekend. Wait...does this mean when it's fixed I still have to wait a week to run it again. #*%&

Also affected. My Finds is only 270. Tried creating and running a query with only My Finds; only showing 183 and still not downloadable. Server error.

-cmd

I cannot download my PQs either. With IE 8, I get the following error:

24n3ec0.jpg

It looks like somebody messed up the link to have .ashx instead of .aspx

Nope. Try copying the URL and making the change. It'll return you "not found".

I don't think you can just copy & edit the link and hope it will work since it is relative to the ASP virtual directory. I'm no expert with this stuff so I could easily be describing this wrong. At any rate, I'd bet a cup of jo that it should be .aspx, not .ashx.

I cannot download my PQs either. With IE 8, I get the following error:

24n3ec0.jpg

It looks like somebody messed up the link to have .ashx instead of .aspx

Nope. Try copying the URL and making the change. It'll return you "not found".

I don't think you can just copy & edit the link and hope it will work since it is relative to the ASP virtual directory. I'm no expert with this stuff so I could easily be describing this wrong. At any rate, I'd bet a cup of jo that it should be .aspx, not .ashx.

I'd bet that ashx is the correct extension. Since the link does note return HTML for a new webpage, the common practice in .NET would be to use a .NET handler program to take the HTTP GET request and return the zip file download. ashx is the extension Microsoft uses for handlers.

If you change to aspx you get a 404 error instead of a 500 error. The 404 error is because there is no file with the name downloadpq.aspx. The 500 error is because the server tries to run the downloadpq.ashx handler and it fails to run. Probably they accidentally removed some file that the handler needs to run, perhaps in preparation for the update tomorrow.

Isn't it great when gc makes a last minute change, walks out the door, and leaves an entire system broken. On top of that, after making a change, they are so obviously paying attention to the forums to make sure its not causing a problem.

You can, actually. I have it bookmarked and download my PQs directly without going through the tabs.

The "h" stands for handler, its correct, and to comment on someone else's question, since it is just a handler to get the file and not a direct link to the file, it is possible to bookmark it, in theory the handler (which seems to be directly linked to the pq query) should always know where the file is for that pq.

do we think those downloads will be made available magically?...or do we think that after they fix it, our current downloads will still be lost and we'll have to rerun?

i think they'll be permanently lost.

yes i'm bored...let's move past that.

I am betting that once the problem has been fixed the downloads we can see will work.

Unless they expire before this is fixed.

Tap, tap, tap.............Is anyone there?

This has been going on for 12 hours.

I'm here and mine don't work either. I run 5 new pocket queries every day on my scans of all the caches in the world, number 8 and all new caches roughly two weeks ago. Today's PQs ran just before 1:00am local time today, but I can't download the results. :)

Nudecacher

I got it too, last night and again this morning.

It gets me to this url: http://www.geocaching.com/error/error.aspx...downloadpq.ashx

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Hopefully, it will be fixed tonight, with the update scheduled for this afternoon:

Geocaching.com will be going offline temporarily for a site update on Wednesday, June 2nd at approximately 1pm PDT (GMT -7). We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Tap, tap, tap.............Is anyone there?

This has been going on for 12 hours.

You didn't expect a response in under 24 hours did you? The silence is deafening, as is usual with any issue like this.

This is so very frustrating, why can't they just go back to emailing our PQ's. I only just went through and changed my PQ's to 1000 cache PQ's now I've got nothing!

Still a problem at 06:45 Pacific.

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

This is a huge problem! Are there no alerts in place to notify TPTB?