Please be careful!

Just a "heads up" for safely "trashing out" -

I received an email today and checked it on snopes. People are using plastic soda bottles to make bombs that will detonate within 30 seconds of being disturbed. Please be careful out there.

thanks everybody, :laughing:

DON'T "KICK & RUN" ! ! !

You're going to come across one that detonates when it's kicked! If it looks seriously suspicious, waymark the location and notify the Sheriff or State Police.

So, are we talking Baghdad here? Or Martha's Vinyard? It'd be helpful if we had an idea where this is happening?

Edited by Allison Wunderland

This is hardly new. I know kids were playing with these when I was in high school back when. Not that it was a good choice that was made by people (probably another in a long line of unhealthy, teenage choices). But I remember standing around watching one of these go off. We're midwest here and it wasn't exceptionally new then either. Just another age group "discovering it."

Anyhow, one should be careful with any plastic container on the road side as quite a few contain urine and other lovelies.

DON'T "KICK & RUN" ! ! !

You're going to come across one that detonates when it's kicked! If it looks seriously suspicious, waymark the location and notify the Sheriff or State Police.

So, are we talking Baghdad here? Or Martha's Vinyard? It'd be helpful if we had an idea where this is happening?

On Martha's Vineyard, they use Perrier bottles.