GC.com Update

USMCGecko

"Geocaching.com will be going offline temporarily for a site update on Wednesday, June 2nd at approximately 1pm PDT (GMT -7). We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

So is there going to be anything new, or is this just behind the scenes stuff with no changes?

Edited by USMCGecko
This is the regular monthly code release. There will be some new code and a few bug fixes as well. I'll post about them nearer to the downtime.
Will there be any new bugs?

:laughing:

Yes, the new bug will be signal's long lost sister, sally light (or patty light, either way sounds kind of like satellite...)

Statistically, yes.

The industry norm is something like 3 new bugs for every 10 old ones fixed.

I've worked in this business. I know how the sausage is made. :)

OMG!! What methodology are you using? That is atrocious! Are you referring to before, or after the QA (or beta testers) get ahold of it? British Petroleum can boast of better progress than that (I think, but am not so sure)

OK... that was an off-topic and rhetorical remark. Let's not get carried away with it and trash this thread with argumentative replys. (nice trick, huh?)

Statistically, yes.

I've worked in this business. I know how the sausage is made. :unsure:

Wow! only three for every 10 fixed? You guys rock. Sometimes those one-liners can do some really amazing things. :)

Statistically, yes.

I've worked in this business. I know how the sausage is made. :unsure:

Wow! only three for every 10 fixed? You guys rock. Sometimes those one-liners can do some really amazing things. :)

So, you work for Uncle Sam, huh? NIce gig!!
This is the regular monthly code release. There will be some new code and a few bug fixes as well. I'll post about them nearer to the downtime.

:)

There are never bugs. Only opportunities.

Sounds like job security.

They're not bugs - they're simply "undocumented features" :unsure:

Should be Undocumented Negative Features. "Anti-Features" if you will.

I just tried to log using field notes and each time I submitted my find it brought up an error. Any fix coming for that? Just Started today.

Gotta say, I like the check mark beside the log it button that says I've already found this cache

So that's what that is!

I've had that feature for a while in the VIP list script. It shows a smiley next to the cache name for a found and a sad face for a DNF.