Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Mr.Moo

Need Help With Special Event Station

Since are looking good for W7G, the special event station at GeoWoodstock. Except one thing: I need more operators!

Open time slots (in 24-hour Washington local time) are:

11:00-12:00

12:00-13:00

14:00-15:00

15:00-16:00

If you would like to help, feel free to email me through Geocaching.com

More info is at www.w7g.info

73!

Mr.Moo

KI6ZON

Hi Sutter... Would be fun if I had time off, but... well... ;)

Ken KE6N

Since are looking good for W7G, the special event station at GeoWoodstock. Except one thing: I need more operators!

Open time slots (in 24-hour Washington local time) are:

11:00-12:00

12:00-13:00

14:00-15:00

15:00-16:00

If you would like to help, feel free to email me through Geocaching.com

More info is at www.w7g.info

73!

Mr.Moo

KI6ZON

Thank you to everyone who will be helping us on July 3rd. All the spots are full, and most of the details of our operations are complete.

Details: www.w7g.info/operations

What frequency will you be operating on 10M SSB? Dick W7WT

Hope to work you today. I'll be listening. Doubt the band will support SSB to 7 land today, but I'll listen anyway. Where will you be operating CW, if you do? I'll have a better chance working you there.

I am in Bremerton, wa and yes doubt if 10 will be open your way. I use to be a CW operator but I lost 3 of the tendons attached to my right roto-cuff and it is difficult for me to operate using my right hand. I also have a bad aortic valve that needs to be out. That is why i am not over at the WG7 site helping them. With the limited blood flow I wouldn't be able to handle a big crowd. 73 Dick W7WT

Is anyone hearing the special event station W7G. I am only about 20 miles west and hear nothing on 10 but a hawaii station is blasting thru on 14265. Dick, W7WT

Nothing here on the east coast. But that's what I expect for midday around here. Hopefully, when the band lengthens out later, they'll make the trip across the country. I'd love to work them.

I hope they did well, I am only about 20 to 30 miles west of the event site and monitored 2, 10 and 20 meters from 10 until a few minutes ago I even ran my Pro 67B up to 55 feet. I thought I did hear W7G at one time. i could hear the East coast event station but no joy working W7G. I couldn't even hear any stations working them. Hope they didn't run into problems like power failure. Dick, W7WT

Hi W7WT et al...

Well, we had to go with plan C for the antenna setup, so all we had to work with was a 20m dipole thrown up in some low trees. I did try on 10m for a while, but did not hear a thing.

20m gave us a number of contacts, including Texas and New York, but it was a struggle. We did try, though.

Sorry if you were listening for us and did not hear us, we apparently weren't putting out much of a signal.

LindaLu

Thanks, i was wondering what happened. 73 Dick

Does anyone know if they will be setting up a Station at 2011 Geowoodstock?

If there is, I will have no connection with it. It's a long trip from California, and I'm not sure I'm ready to do it again. Maybe you could try getting in touch with a local ham club out there?