GPS V Serial To USB?

I recently got into my possession a (somewhat old) GPS V. I was thinking about using this for geocaching, but it's a pain to manually type in cache coordinates so I wanted to buy a interface cable. (The cable it uses is the same as some of the older GPSMAP units, the 4 prongs in a square) The only problem is my Macbook (caching computer) doesn't have a Serial Port. :laughing: So, I was going to buy the GPS to Serial cord, then a Serial to USB converter. I found an $8 GPS to Serial cord, so that's fine. But for the Serial to USB that works with OS 10 and the GPS V, I found the Garmin compatible one, but stubborn, penny pincher me wanted to find one for cheaper. (Like <$15) Is there such a cord?

Thanks in advance. I've looked at amazon, but wanted to ask here to make sure the one I end up buying actually works.

Edited by ConRed

I recently got into my possession a (somewhat old) GPS V. I was thinking about using this for geocaching, but it's a pain to manually type in cache coordinates so I wanted to buy a interface cable. (The cable it uses is the same as some of the older GPSMAP units, the 4 prongs in a square) The only problem is my Macbook (caching computer) doesn't have a Serial Port. :) So, I was going to buy the GPS to Serial cord, then a Serial to USB converter. I found an $8 GPS to Serial cord, so that's fine. But for the Serial to USB that works with OS 10 and the GPS V, I found the Garmin compatible one, but stubborn, penny pincher me wanted to find one for cheaper. (Like <$15) Is there such a cord?

Thanks in advance. I've looked at amazon, but wanted to ask here to make sure the one I end up buying actually works.

USB to RS232 Serial 9 Pin DB9 Cable Adapter PC/Mac/GPS

Serial to usb - $4.95