upgrading my GPS need alittle help

Okay I have been geocaching with my HTC Touch Pro 2 and I've been using GCzII which is a AWESOME app for geocaching. but I know it's not supported by Groundspeak so i want to upgrade to a handheld gps i'm looking at the Garmin Oregon 550 or the Garmin Colorado 440t. what i'm looking for is something that has all the features that GCzII has with mainly finding geocahes near me at anytime and paperless to go looking for caches on the fly which one of these two would serve my purpose the best? and if these cannot do what i'm asking can anyone point in me the right direction? thanks for the help

Okay I have been geocaching with my HTC Touch Pro 2 and I've been using GCzII which is a AWESOME app for geocaching. but I know it's not supported by Groundspeak so i want to upgrade to a handheld gps i'm looking at the Garmin Oregon 550 or the Garmin Colorado 440t. what i'm looking for is something that has all the features that GCzII has with mainly finding geocahes near me at anytime and paperless to go looking for caches on the fly which one of these two would serve my purpose the best? and if these cannot do what i'm asking can anyone point in me the right direction? thanks for the help

If you don't need the camera, you can purchase a Garmin Oregon 450, or Oregon 450t for less money. Plus, there is a $50 rebate from Garmin right now.

If you don't need the camera, you can purchase a Garmin Oregon 450, or Oregon 450t for less money. Plus, there is a $50 rebate from Garmin right now.

Given that there are 24k topos available for free from gpsfiledepot.com, I would recommend the 450 over the 450t - the extra $100 or so for 100k topos just isn't worth it.

Given that there are 24k topos available for free from gpsfiledepot.com, I would recommend the 450 over the 450t - the extra $100 or so for 100k topos just isn't worth it.

The caveat to that is that the topo maps on gpsfiledepot suck... atleast the ones I found for California. Maybe the ones for the back east regions are better, but the one I installed was terrible. It doesn't have labels for anything, no city names, no feature names, just contour lines and points.

Check gpsfiledepot first and make sure they have what you need. Their selections is very limited for certain areas... not every place is covered. If it were my decision, I would get the 450 and buy the Garmin topo maps. That way I would have a spare copy of them for if and when I decide to buy another GPS.

Edited by Tahoe Skier5000

The caveat to that is that the topo maps on gpsfiledepot suck... atleast the ones I found for California. Maybe the ones for the back east regions are better, but the one I installed was terrible. It doesn't have labels for anything, no city names, no feature names, just contour lines and points.

Check gpsfiledepot first and make sure they have what you need. Their selections is very limited for certain areas... not every place is covered. If it were my decision, I would get the 450 and buy the Garmin topo maps. That way I would have a spare copy of them for if and when I decide to buy another GPS.

I was very happy with the Northeast Topo map series.