Forgot to record TB serial number

Looky-Lew

;) Do I feel dumb. I was visiting family this weekend and figured I'd try and see if an archived cache was still there because I placed two TB's there before I found out it was archived because of park regulations. I felt really bad about that. Anyhow I was succesfull. the cache ended up still being there with the TB's. In my rush to get one of the TB's back in a cache in the same area so it could continue on a certain direction, I forgot to write down the serial number to log it's find (recovery). Anyhow I logged my visit to the cache and wrote a note that it's there but I was hoping to post couple pictures of the TB.

any suggestions how to get the serial number or post pictures with out it? I did send owner(s) messages of their TB's being back in action.

Edited by Looky-Lew

;) Do I feel dumb. I was visiting family this weekend and figured I'd try and see if an archived cache was still there because I placed two TB's there before I found out it was archived because of park regulations. I felt really bad about that. Anyhow I was succesfull. the cache ended up still being there with the TB's. In my rush to get one of the TB's back in a cache in the same area so it could continue on a certain direction, I forgot to write down the serial number to log it's find (recovery). Anyhow I logged my visit to the cache and wrote a note that it's there but I was hoping to post couple pictures of the TB.

any suggestions how to get the serial number or post pictures with out it? I did send owner(s) messages of their TB's being back in action.

Getting pictures, I would think, would be out of the question. However, if you logged the TBs into the cache you retrieved them from, then they should be showing up as in the cache. Just retrieve them and log them in where you left them. I don't do a lot of TB movement, so that may not be as simple as I made it sound.

I haven't found it to be that simple. When I had a similar experience, I contacted the owner of the TB who virtually put the TB where it belonged.

As for the pictures, you can post a note on the TB page without the serial number in order to add those.

(edit: wrong word)

Edited by Printess Caroline

I haven't found it to be that simple. When I had a similar experience, I contacted the owner of the TB who virtually put the TB where it belonged.

As for the pictures, you can post a note on the TB page without the serial number in order to add those.

(edit: wrong word)

great, thanks for the idea for posting the pictures. I'm not real concerned with my found numbers, just wanted to get it logged for the owner and mapping stuff.

thanks again.

I tried logging it as retrieved and dropped off but am not able to without the serial number on the tag. I won't make that mistake again.

A few options: Contact the owner, as you did. It might take a couple days for them to respond. Go back out to the cache and get the number. Maybe contact a previous finder to see if they still have it.

If you can't fix it here pretty soon, you might want to post a note on the bug letting people know to grab it from where it is it and log it into the cache.

There's a bit of a learning curve with bugs but I appreciate you taking the time to get it back on track.

Happy Caching!

Edited by BlueDeuce