stuffed animal travel bugs

JL_HSTRE

I saw a special kind of stuffed bear being sold at a store today: it had the St Judes logo on its foot and the store would donate money from each sale to St Judes to fight kids cancer.

I thought it would be neat to get one of these bears, get a travel bug tag for it, and send it out with a mission that each person who retrieves it should donate to St Judes.

But then two problems occured to me:

1) The bear is almost certainly too big for anything less than an ammo can and probably wont even fit in those depending on how much swag is in them

2) Stuffed animals probably don't survive well in geocaches due to moisture, right?

Just want to confirm if this neat idea isn't really feasible...

I saw a special kind of stuffed bear being sold at a store today: it had the St Judes logo on its foot and the store would donate money from each sale to St Judes to fight kids cancer.

I thought it would be neat to get one of these bears, get a travel bug tag for it, and send it out with a mission that each person who retrieves it should donate to St Judes.

But then two problems occured to me:

1) The bear is almost certainly too big for anything less than an ammo can and probably wont even fit in those depending on how much swag is in them

2) Stuffed animals probably don't survive well in geocaches due to moisture, right?

Just want to confirm if this neat idea isn't really feasible...

How long the bear would hold up is questionable; especially one that size. Also, being a stuffed bear, I doubt it would last long...TBs seem to end up in never never land, regardless of their mission. Your mission is very admirable; however, I'm sure it would have to be made in the form of a request to donate and not a directive that the retriever 'should' donate. Forgetting all that...go for it, can't hurt to try.