Borderland Benchmark Hunters, READ!!!

Desert_Warrior

Stumbled on this one yesterday while searching for Border Marker #1 on the US-Mexico Border,

CE0665. I was searching for a bit of the history of our southern border, and found this: Border Marker Cache.

Now, I do not support the idea of placing a REAL CACHE at the border markers. In fact, yesterday I approached #1 and got a photo only because the US and Mexican Border Patrols were setting there. My Great Dane and I started out to get a photo of #2, but even packing my LEGAL LICENSED pistol, I became uneasy and turned back. Maybe with a squad of Calvary, but not alone. With bandits, border incursions, drug runners, and illegal immigrants, this is a dangerous area. So we verified 2 and 3 with binoculars. CE0669 and CE0666. The blue area on the map isn't water! Still, a neat cache. If you are on the border, go for it.

Mike. Desert_Warrior (KD9KC).

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

If I remember correctly there is a Monument benchmark on every bridge crossing Between USA and Mexico. The Chamazal also has a monument.Did you ever get the Southern most tip of the Rocky Mountians BM yet?There are also a number of BM's along the Correction Lines. My gold mine also has a monument in New mexico but those coordinates are not available.Maybe on my next trip down that way we can get together, I still have lots of friends down there.I still Enjoy My Home State,From a true "LONE STAR" Trailblazer #1

You are right about being uneasy at the borders now even as early as a few years ago I was very reluctant to travel across the Border alone Especialy Juarez,Zaragosa is a little better but I was raised in the Lower Valley I always take some(thing) (one)or 2 or 3.Always be PREPARED!!!!!!!

When all else fails Geotry again.