Endura screen goes white

Need help. I'm out for a five day weekend of camping and geocaching. On day 2, the screen on my Endura Safari has gone white. I'm sure I must have hit a menu or button combination to set it this way, but I have no idea what. The unit is on; I can touch the screen and hear it click. I can see the Safari logo when it boots up, before it turns white. I have tried changing the backlight from 100% to 0% to 75%; but still all I get is a white screen. I have turned the unit off/on; changed out three sets of good batteries. I've googled how to reset it and that requires tapping commands on the screen that I can't see!

Please, does anyone know how to make the screen visible again? My weekend of geocaching is at risk!

Thanks --

Edited by 3MudDogs

Need help. I'm out for a five day weekend of camping and geocaching. On day 2, the screen on my Endura Safari has gone white. I'm sure I must have hit a menu or button combination to set it this way, but I have no idea what. The unit is on; I can touch the screen and hear it click. I can see the Safari logo when it boots up, before it turns white. I have tried changing the backlight from 100% to 0% to 75%; but still all I get is a white screen. I have turned the unit off/on; changed out three sets of good batteries. I've googled how to reset it and that requires tapping commands on the screen that I can't see!

Please, does anyone know how to make the screen visible again? My weekend of geocaching is at risk!

Thanks --

Apparently there is an internal timer that resets these Endura's. Pull the batteries and leave them out for just a little over an hour. Press the POWER button and hold it for two minutes while the batteries are out.

After an hour, put the batteries back in and try it out.

There is no guarantee this will work. I found an article that lists the above instructions. How to reset an Endura

Edited by Tahoe Skier5000

Apparently there is an internal timer that resets these Endura's. Pull the batteries and leave them out for just a little over an hour. Press the POWER button and hold it for two minutes while the batteries are out.

There is no guarantee this will work. I found an article that lists the above instructions. How to reset an Endura

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried it without success. Figure I'll leave the batteries out overnight and give it another go in the morning. Maybe I'll dream up a solution in my sleep.

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried it without success. Figure I'll leave the batteries out overnight and give it another go in the morning. Maybe I'll dream up a solution in my sleep.

Still didn't work. And didn't dream up a solution overnight. Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks.

Still didn't work. And didn't dream up a solution overnight. Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks.

Sorry to hear about that. There are only two other things I can think of for you to do.

1. Try reinstalling the firmware. Instructions

2. Call Lowrance. From what I've read on the unit, there is only one way of resetting them, and that is by using key commands on the screen (which you can't read).

Wish I could be of more help, but there isn't a whole lot of discussion regarding these units. #1 may be your best bet though.

Thanks --

3MudDogs,

I have sent you a PM trying to get your Safari replaced so that we can try to determine what has happened to your Safari.

Thanks --

3MudDogs,

I have sent you a PM trying to get your Safari replaced so that we can try to determine what has happened to your Safari.

Hey Darren - I sent you a PM last week to try and get this issue resolved but have not heard back from you, are you still having problems?

I am having the same problem. It started yesterday. It was working fine, then the screen went white. Nothing seems to be working to get the screen to come back.

Has there been a determination as to how to fix this problem?

Darren