new and looking for a cheap family GPS

Hi there

We are new to Geocaching and are looking for a cheap GPS system we can use for our excursions

We are a family with 2 very young kids and need to find one as cheap as possible so we can experience thios great hobby together

We are based in Ellesmere port

Thanks for reading and we hope to hear from someone soon

The Cheeky Hunts

Edited by The cheeky hunts

We're new as well - and are having great fun with the Garmin 60CSx. Several sales online right now, but many of them are back ordered. They are available new for around $200 right now. I just ordered a second one for myself from Basspro - you'll have to call them as they are not selling them on their website any more, and they have $5 shipping this week!

Other option I found is REI.com (Just looked June 1 - they are back to full price at REI.com!)

I suggest spending the extra and get a 60CSx. Since using the 60CSx I've tried a couple of caches with my loaner eTrex and got discouraged too quickly!

Hope this (rambling!) helps!

Snoik

Edited by Snoik

Walmart.com has nice Garmin eTrex VentureHC (what we're using) for only 118 (and with Site-to-Store it's free shipping). It's about the same as you'd pay for one like that on e-bay but here you're guaranteed that noone has dropped it or beat it or... you know. Has Base map and Geocaching feature. 4 stars by geocaching community. not bad for such a low price. Happy Caching. Benefit of new eTrex H series is that it has the High sensitivity receiver. You'll get it out of the box, put batteries in it, turn it on and i 5 minutes you'll have locked onto signals inside your home! :) great signal strength (old eTrex don't even compare!)

FYI - at REI you can get a lifetime membership for only $20! It is the only way to get discounts - only members can use coupons and discounts. Also, REI is owned by members so at the end of the year you get a check for 10% of the items you purchased there that year. THey also have member only sales of rental equipment (tents, backpacks, GPS...). All that for 20 bucks seems like a great deal. ANd it's only a one-time payment of $20 - not annual!

Edited by CluelessnLuV