Cache size and date of last comment fields

So after 7 years of caching I finally gave in and bought Premium Membership :) The reason I did it initially was for the "caches along a route" feature to create a PQ for use on our summer trip.

Anyway, I created the 500 waypoint PQ successfully and transferred the geocaches to my PN-40, however, I noticed that the "cache size" and "last logged" fields are not filled in; they just have a " -- " in them. The cache name and difficulty/terrain stars show up alright, but not the other two fields. If I read the comments page, the cache size shows up in there, but just not the main page showing the cache information.

Any ideas? I uploaded the PQ file through Delorme TOPO 7 and have the latest firmware installed, 2.6.

screencap20100530132236.png

Thanks!

Edited by Tahoe Skier5000

Full paperless caching support for the PN-xx was not available in Topo until version 8.0. That's why you also don't have the proper cache symbol in that screen shot.

You have several other options. You can update your version of Topo but since Topo NA 9.0 is about to be released, It wouldn't make since to upgrade until it's on the shelf. Not sure what the cost will be but probabbly anywhere from $60 to $100.

Next option is GSAK. It will load PQs directly to the PN-xx.

Last option is Cache Register. It's a $10 download from Delorme. It talks directly to Groundspeak and grabs your PQs from your account automatically. You simply open the program and sync your PN-xx and you're good to go.

Edited by Pax42

Full paperless caching support for the PN-xx was not available in Topo until version 8.0. That's why you also don't have the proper cache symbol in that screen shot.

You have several other options. You can update your version of Topo but since Topo NA 9.0 is about to be released, It wouldn't make since to upgrade until it's on the shelf. Not sure what the cost will be but probabbly anywhere from $60 to $100.

Next option is GSAK. It will load PQs directly to the PN-xx.

Last option is Cache Register. It's a $10 download from Delorme. It talks directly to Groundspeak and grabs your PQs from your account automatically. You simply open the program and sync your PN-xx and you're good to go.

Thanks a bunch Pax :) I got GSAK and everything worked; all caches now show all information fields.

my only thought is to check your gpx settings on your geocaching account and check they are set for 1.01 not 1.00 as 1.01 is the format that contains all the relevant info you seem to be missing

NEGATIVE. The PN-40 does not work with 1.0.1 If you have a PN, your preference needs to be set to 1.0.

Tahoe already has the answer.