how can I get a cache to stay up here?

there is a great place I would love to hide a cache and it is up inside one of these

BootScraper6.jpg

there is not much space, the one I am looking at is lower down and you can reach up into it and hide things, I could just about get a small tupparare in there.

I need a really good way to stop it falling out again though! If I wedge it too much eventually it will take away some of the cement inside if people keep pulling it out - If I could make a small shelf out of something I could put the cache on top of it, but what?

Or, is it a really stupid idea? It would be my first cache, should I aim a bit lower?

there is a great place I would love to hide a cache and it is up inside one of these

BootScraper6.jpg

there is not much space, the one I am looking at is lower down and you can reach up into it and hide things, I could just about get a small tupparare in there.

I need a really good way to stop it falling out again though! If I wedge it too much eventually it will take away some of the cement inside if people keep pulling it out - If I could make a small shelf out of something I could put the cache on top of it, but what?

Or, is it a really stupid idea? It would be my first cache, should I aim a bit lower?

What is that? :(

Obviously I'm talking about the thing on the right... I know the white thing is a door :)

J

Edited by Dakar4x4

What is that? :(

Obviously I'm talking about the thing on the right... I know the white thing is a door :)

J

It is a boot scraper, you find them built into lots of victorian houses.

Ahh... gotcha... I'm used to them being a bit more ornate than that...

Why don't you stick a pot plant in there and hide a cache in amongst it? Or will the one in question still be being used to scrape dog crap off shoes with?

J

Edited by Dakar4x4

Ahh... gotcha... I'm used to them being a bit more ornate than that...

Why don't you stick a pot plant in there and hide a cache in amongst it? Or will the one in question still be being used to scrape dog crap off shoes with?

J

The one I am thinking of is a bit lower down and a plant pot would get stolen from there. It is in the centre of town but a great hiding place!

You could try gluing velcro to the brickwork and then sticking the container in place with velcro. Or glue a piece of metal in place and use magnets. Or perhaps (if it's your own property!) drill a couple of mounting holes, fix a piece of metal across them, then attach the cache to it with magnets.

I trust you are happy for cachers to keep turning up around your front door at all hours. :)

The building is used as an office :-) The photo isn't of the actual place

So presumably the owner/occupier of the office would be happy to have cachers turn up looking suspicious at all hours?? :laughing:;)

I trust you are happy for cachers to keep turning up around your front door at all hours. :)

The building is used as an office :-) The photo isn't of the actual place

So presumably the owner/occupier of the office would be happy to have cachers turn up looking suspicious at all hours?? :laughing:;)

yes, I checked with the caretaker, all is well.