A Geocoin for Devon

The plans for the 3rd Cornish Geocoin are well in hand. It crossed my mind that if our local caching friends over the water in Devon would like to produce a County coin then if we did them together we could market/sell/mail them out from one place and share postage costs etc.

The Cornish coin is financed by a group of cachers who put up part of the cost for producing the coin and take part of the profit/loss at the end of the day!

Anyway, would there be any interest from Devon for a coin? Would any Devonians care to help fund the production? and should the first two answers be positive - does anyone have any ideas for a design for a Devon coin? (Pasties and Cream teas excluded of course!)

Cream teas excluded of course!

That's me out then, lol. Seriously though, there has been thought from a few of us, but we've never taken it any further than ideas/designs. I personally thought the bottom would have fallen out of the market years ago, but there still seems to be interest in geocoins. I'll watch this thread with interest, but personally speaking I'm not able to help.

What sort of cost would it be? I'm from Plymouth though I live in Bristol now so I'd like to put some Devon coins out in the world, I visit every couple of months anyway.

I'm a designer and can help design if you have an idea, what's wrong with pasties anyway? Side crimped of course!

What sort of cost would it be? I'm from Plymouth though I live in Bristol now so I'd like to put some Devon coins out in the world, I visit every couple of months anyway.

I'm a designer and can help design if you have an idea, what's wrong with pasties anyway? Side crimped of course!

E-Mail sent with details. But I've worked on total of £2000 to produce 500 coins (although I'm awaiting an actual final quote) .

Umm cuz I want to do a pasty coin next year, for Cornwall!

And I'm all for a Dorset coin - My Mums family are from Portland.