Is this a nano?

TheLoneWanderer

I went hiking around a nice lake trail with a bunch of caches along the way, and came across what I believed to be my very first nano! Or was it a micro? The cache container said micro, though a nano category hasn't been put in the database, though I've seen some nanos listed as "Other". The pen in the size comparison picture is pretty much standard pen size

peacockparknano1.jpg

peacockparknano2.jpg

Guidelines give size based on volume of container. Micro is officially the smallest size. although nano is widely used. I suspect nano has never officially been added due to the potential for size wars. If nano was added, someone would feel compelled to add an unofficial micro-nano, one half size of a nano. It's continue to deteriorate intil we had people hiding molecules.

Most probably was listed as "other", because the CO did not want to qualify it as a micro.

Quite a few do that.

Whatever the case... that sure is a fine job of camo, dontcha think? :)

Lotsa work involved with that one.

If no one is muggling it the camo is fine right? Am I supposed to camo a bison tube in a field? I'm only asking for future reference.

Most probably was listed as "other", because the CO did not want to qualify it as a micro.

Quite a few do that.

Whatever the case... that sure is a fine job of camo, dontcha think? :)

Lotsa work involved with that one.

If no one is muggling it the camo is fine right? Am I supposed to camo a bison tube in a field? I'm only asking for future reference.

Camouflaging a geocache increases the challenge of finding it by a geocacher, and reduces the chances of finding it by a muggle.

However, at the end of the day, if you place a geocache, then place it how you want to. It's your cache! :laughing: