? G.S. Dumping loggers off ?

humboldt flier

O.K. what on earth is going on.

G.S. has been dumping me off while posting new caches and logging finds.

Is this a flood control issue or a system glitch??

Just a tad frustrating when formulating a log on a cache that honors " The Fallen ".

I there a system glitch or are flood control issues in play?

Perhaps the system thinks TFTC is plenty long enough log.

Just a tad frustrating when formulating a log on a cache that honors " The Fallen ".

Not happening here. But no... TFTC is rarely a sufficient log and if that is all that you're logging, then justice has been served.

Not happening here. But no... TFTC is rarely a sufficient log and if that is all that you're logging, then justice has been served.

Therein lies the rub. Log is in detail and highlights incidents surrounding an in-flight air collision. TFTC in this instance is insufficient.

Getting dumped off the site after 4.75 minutes ( repeatedly ) seems rather odd.

Got dumped from the site while trying to post a new cache at about the same 4.75 minutes.

Are there site issues? Or am I just one lucky guy?

There is a time limit while creating a new cache page, or while composing a log. I haven't run into any problems creating a cache page. Because I save the page several times while creating it. There is a warning on the page where you are doing the work.

As to logs, I was working on a long-winded one once. took me about ten minutes. When I tried to post it, I had run out of time. It completely disappeared. Guess I'm not going to try that again. The system does NOT like long logs. So only post short ones!

TFTC is a perfectly fine log entry. If it weren't, I'd not use it.

Although TFTC is acceptable, I feel that it is a socially acceptable way to slap a cache owner in the face.

Rather like " Yes Ma-am " or " Yes Sir " being a veiled way to call a person something else.

Just my feelings.

Anyway back to topic; have been puzzled with what seems to be more frequent dumping of users off the site. Gremlins or flood control would be the consensus.

could it have issues to do with the faze out of older browsers.....

at home i have FF and dont have issues....... at work they have IE6 and every time i load the GC.com page i have to log in, wether i click the remember me or not.

i have always plaed with my cache listings in word as i play around with the html code alot.

TFTC is perfectaly acceptable for a nano or micro, as its longer than what you can put on the log

Edited by Broken-Bones

could it have issues to do with the faze out of older browsers.....

at home i have FF and dont have issues....... at work they have IE6 and every time i load the GC.com page i have to log in, wether i click the remember me or not.

i have always plaed with my cache listings in word as i play around with the html code alot.

TFTC is perfectaly acceptable for a nano or micro, as its longer than what you can put on the log

With those evil nanos / picos I use initials only to conserve log space so the owner doesn't have to replace a log sheet every 15 - 20 seconds. My major logging is reserved for the cache page.

Edited by humboldt flier