City Navigator NT 2011.10

I have CN NT 2009 data version 10.

I've noticed that some roads not present in the 2009 version are present in the current version. I can decide whether or not the updated mapping data is valuable enough to me.

What I don't know is what else an update would require. I am still running Mapsource 6.13 by design. Will I need to run the most current version to use CN NT 2011? Is that still a concern? Is there anything else I should consider in my decision to upgrade or not?

Thank you.

The decision to upgrade of not is entirely a personal one.

Remember, the software is unlocked to your GPS. What are the chances you may want to upgrade your GPS during the next 12-24 months? If you're going to upgrade your GPS, I would wait until after that upgrade before buying new maps.

Me...I'm still on City Navigator North American 2008 and it does what I need. Some of the POIs are wrong (this will always be the case)...and every once in a while an off/on-ramp has been changed, or a new road is missing...but 99% of the time it's accurate.

Garmin has an interactive map viewer on their web site. The latest CN NT North America (2011.10) is up there now.

You could use this to view the areas that you're concerned about, to decide if an upgrade would be beneficial to you.