No new cache email notification or Pq's

mty55

I noticed the other day I get new cache notifications via text message as normal but when I look in my e-mail nothing appears. I also went to look for my Pocket queries that are run on Fridays weekly . I looked today they were generated but never made it to my e-mail. Anyone else experiencing this or is something messed up in profile page. Or is geocaching.com experiencing trouble.

Thanks

Could be two different issues, or related ones.

If you're getting notifications to your phone, but not your e-mail, it sounds like your internet provider's e-mail is chewing up notifications as "spam". Check the spam box if you've got one. The PQs might be the same thing.

However, if the PQs are generated and you received a notification, but no attachment, it might be that the PQ is more than 500 caches, which would result in you having to download them directly from the download tab on Geocaching.com/pocket. Either way, you should be able to download your results on that page until the e-mail thing gets straightened out.

If your'e on Time Waner, I'm having the same issue.

Yes sir Mick your absolutely right switched back to my AOL account last night and ran a new set of queries and they were there this morning.

Thanks Mel

Well, I just got off the phone with Time Warner. geocaching.com and Groundspeak do NOT show up on the blacklists, and with the odd fact that the issue seems localized to the Buffalo NY area, they will "escalate" the issue and see if it's a hand off problem somewhere. Looks like a zebra hunt.

If someone at HQ could runa trace, it might help things along.

Mick

Elias replied to the thread I had started on the issue Link, see post 3 I'll quote it below.

"The short answer: I made a mistake. signalsad.gif

The long answer: We started getting reports from Road Runner servers that we were sending email to them too fast. As a result, they started heavily throttling us, and email to Road Runner customers was backing up in our mail queue faster than they'd let us send them. The workaround we were given was to reduce the number of simultaneous connections to their servers. To do this, I had to create a number of special exception rules on our mail server to reduce the connection count for just Road Runner domains. There are a number of domains I had to create rules for: rr.com, roadrunner.com, etc..., and during the copy and paste process, I made a type-o on the roadrunner.com rule which caused all email to the roadrunner.com domain (and only the roadrunner.com domain) to bounce. As I was watching the logs after I created the rules, I saw lots of email being delivered to Road Runner servers following the connection limits I had specified, and so I erroneously assumed that all the rules were working correctly.

This has been corrected, and I do see email for the roadrunner.com domain being delivered successfully.

I sincerely apologize for this mistake."