I'm no longer a premium member.

Yup, my membership has expired. I am no longer one of the chosen few.

Forget platinum membership. I don't even have neodymium membership right now.

So. Why should I renew?

Most people renew for the pocket queries. I initially became a PM so I could have more than 100 caches on my watchlist. I have since removed many, but lately renewed so I could get log notifications, and make caches PMO just before archival. Plus, I didn't want to have my Platinum membership revoked.

***The entire post above is completely serious. However this part may not be. ***

So. Why should I renew?

The rest of us will pay to keep the site running, so don't bother.

And you obviously don't miss any of the Premium Features. Right?

edit: pesky typo

Edited by Cardinal Red
And you obviously don't miss any of the Premium Features. Right?

That's what I figured. It's not the same as telling someone why they should try out a premium membership.

Anyone that has been and then chooses not to renew must have their reason.

There's not much use in trying to convince them to renew.

*** Besides, the best reason is Off-Topic and GS doesn't cut access to that when your subscription lapses.

*** the best reason is Off-Topic and GS doesn't cut access to that when your subscription lapses.

Really? And how did you find that out? Sounds like a MAGOR BUG.

It won't cut access until you delete the forums.Groundspeak.com cookie or log out.

Edited by Anonymous'

Because you don't want to lose your Uber Genius label?

(speaking of which, is that another MAGOR BUG?)

Anyway, I'm not interesting in convincing you unless Groundspeak has some revenue sharing scheme. You know the benefits better than most. If it does not interest you any more, then it is time to save the $30 / year.

So. Why should I renew?

Don't tell me. Let me guess.

You posted this thread hoping for a gift membership. :D:blink::mad:

Because Noobs like me have the membership, we have no clue what we are doing with the membership and we need Uber Geniuses like you? :blink: If that didn't work... It only averages to be .0821917808219178 cents a day and you could probably find that on your way to a cache if you just included U.S. Currency Cashe to your query? Oh wait... you aren't a Premier Member anymore. :mad:

Because Noobs like me have the membership, we have no clue what we are doing with the membership and we need Uber Geniuses like you? :blink: If that didn't work... It only averages to be .0821917808219178 cents a day and you could probably find that on your way to a cache if you just included U.S. Currency Cashe to your query? Oh wait... you aren't a Premier Member anymore. :mad:

Actually, it's 8.219... cents per day. A much more serious expenditure. :D

*** the best reason is Off-Topic and GS doesn't cut access to that when your subscription lapses.

Really? And how did you find that out? Sounds like a MAGOR BUG.

I've lost Premium membership twice due to pay pal errors. Mostly due to the fact that I'm a putz, and I've been paying the $3.00/month since 2004, rather than the $30/year. I can tell you that you are a "hybrid" premium member during this time, and some features remain and some don't. Never noticed if OT or the Website forum are among them though. :blink:

So. Why should I renew?

No. This isn't even close to being the case.

I have plenty of money to buy a membership. Some people even say I have more money than gawd.

So. Why should I renew?

No. This isn't even close to being the case.

I have plenty of money to buy a membership. Some people even say I have more money than gawd.

We all do. He doesn't use money.

So. Why should I renew?

About Groundspeak

I think that to me it comes down to whether or not I believe in the same things that GS does. If so, I give them my $30 (a pretty small amount of money to be honest) in support, believing that they will continue to do good things. I like what they believe in, and so in support of that I am a premium member.

While I like the PQ's, I pay to support the site, and thank Groundspeak and it's Lackies for all of the work they put into it to keep it running.

(While you were BBQ-ing and caching last July 4th, why don't you ask Jeremy what he was doing)

All things consider, the site is clean, easy to use, pretty reliable and while there are a few, well targeted ads, none are of pop up flash ads, juggling clowns and dancing monkeys variety. I really appreciate this.

I've spent $30 on far dumber things that I get significantly less enjoyment out of.

With a post to find ratio of about 6:1 you seem to enjoy the social aspect of writing in forums more than going out and getting caches so don't waste your money on something you don't do.

It's not all about the numbers.

I spend far more time on the forums than I do out geocaching but that doesn't mean I enjoy participating in the forums more than I enjoy geocaching. I just have far more time available to me when I can post to the forums than I do to go geocaching.

So. Why should I renew?

About Groundspeak

I think that to me it comes down to whether or not I believe in the same things that GS does. If so, I give them my $30 (a pretty small amount of money to be honest) in support, believing that they will continue to do good things. I like what they believe in, and so in support of that I am a premium member.

I better keep my $30 this next time around then. :laughing:

Yes, I must thank the generous person who "convinced" me by gifting me a membership.

This person is incredibly generous, very smart, funny, good looking, and an all around benefit to the human race. The world is a better place with this person living in it (or on it, as it were).

Yes, I must thank the generous person who "convinced" me by gifting me a membership.

This person is incredibly generous, very smart, funny, good looking, and an all around benefit to the human race. The world is a better place with this person living in it (or on it, as it were).

Hmmm.

Someone convince me I need a shiny new Jeep Wrangler now.

Hmmm.

How about I convince you that you need a slightly used 17 year old Jeep Wrangler?

Hmmm.

How about I convince you that you need a slightly used 17 year old Jeep Wrangler?

If it runs, has a steering wheel and 4 other wheels, and isn't made of rust... I might be convinceable...

Hmmm.

If it runs, has a steering wheel and 4 other wheels, and isn't made of rust... I might be convinceable...

I'll send you the link to the Craigslist posting. ;)

how about someone donate me a premium membership so i can stop posting so much in this forum and post more in the off topic forum, get me out of your hair for a mere $30 a year, or those that hate me can all donate a little, im sure there are 30 of you thats a george each,