Are you going to GeoWoodstock 8?

avroair

Woohoo! Our new "Prairie Towers" geocoins arrived today, so we'll definitely have them at GW VIII for trading.

Thanks to Chris of Landsharkz for taking our ideas and turning them into a geocoin design that really reflects the diverse landscapes of the Calgary area. One side of the coin features the iconic prairie grain elevator that can be found (in ever fewer numbers) in the countryside and small towns around Calgary. The other side features Calgary's city skyline, with the Canadian Rockies in the background. In case you haven't already guessed, Calgary, Alberta (Canada) is our home base.

The coin is 2D (with some special 3D detailing along the train track), black nickel finish, trackable on geocaching.com (tracking number appears in the black area at the bottom of the city side) and has a custom icon (not yet finished). For those who like to know the particulars, this one is 42 mm diameter and 3 mm thick. The text "trackable at geocaching.com" is engraved on the edge.

We minted 75 geocoins in each of four versions (left to right): spring, summer, fall and winter.

79d95286-b62b-4adb-b021-506a9faf233b.jpg

I expect we'll be at the Friday night meet & greet and we'll for sure be at GW VIII and Midnight Geocoin Madness. Hope to make lots of trades while we're there!

OH!!! B):P;) Where have I been?! A CALGARY coin?! Denise, please save me a set! I really love how Chris just knows what to do, that is exactly what happened with my coin. He is truly an artist! And how I love the cartooney aspect! Congrats...I was expecting something with lego...or did you sneak some in?

WOWSA!~!!

I can't wait to see it in person...where's the Dome?

Awesome coins GeoKs!!!

Bernice, here in Calgary, we don't really talk about the Dome - or the Flames (FlameOuts) much these days.

It was not a pretty season for the hockey faithful. B)

Hope you're enjoying downunda and have a good fall/winter there.

A CALGARY coin?! Denise, please save me a set!

Hey Bernice - Thanks for the positive comments. Got a set put aside for you. As for the 'dome, you can't see it from Crescent Heights anymore on account of EnCana's new Bow building.

For those of you who've been to Geowoodstock before, how many coins do you recommend we bring for trading? I don't want to haul all of them down to Carnation and then end up bring most of them back home. I was thinking of bring 25 of each finish, for a total of 100 coins. Too many?

The kizb crew from Rapid City, South Dakota will be attending. Staying at McChord AFB. We'll be bring a couple newly minted Black Hills Geocoins. They were created by Jedi Cacher as our area's first Geocoin. Maybe a South Dakota coin next?

Black%20Hills%20Geocoin-Bronze.jpg

Black%20Hills%20Geocoins-2%20designs.jpg

Edited by kizb

A CALGARY coin?! Denise, please save me a set!

Hey Bernice - Thanks for the positive comments. Got a set put aside for you. As for the 'dome, you can't see it from Crescent Heights anymore on account of EnCana's new Bow building.

For those of you who've been to Geowoodstock before, how many coins do you recommend we bring for trading? I don't want to haul all of them down to Carnation and then end up bring most of them back home. I was thinking of bring 25 of each finish, for a total of 100 coins. Too many?

Maybe it's better that we can't see it since 'you know who didn't make the you know what' :lol: (see TethysC's post)

Thanks Denise, I can't wait to see them in person. Have a great time!

Trade only...

8fd03bfc-aaec-4ef4-a34b-227784353507.jpg

oooh, LOVE this!

Below is a pic of our cample coins that we'll have....they are micro coins, but we think they are mucho cool!! :lol: Hopefully we can trade at some point over the weekend! We'll also have some of our 2007 dog tag coins as well if someone doesn't want to trade for our micro-untrackable coins.

DSC_0003.jpg

I won't be able to go, but TripCyclone will have some of my personal coins in tow. Coins come in three finishes: Nickel, Copper, Gold, and only the Gold color has epoxy. Will also trade for others' coins, but most will be for sale. I'm trying to raise some funds to create a new geocoin and I'm hoping they'll go like gangbusters :grin:

95d7a0b2-1391-4394-ae36-2098dadc8115.jpg

I regret to inform anyone who was interested in this coin that the collection was stolen from our rental car while Webscouter and I were on the trail to claim the Project APE cache. Our vehicle was one of two that were broken into and every one of this coin, along with my entire personal collection, my passport, Webscouter.'s USB GPS, his power inverter, and multiple cables and splitters were all stolen. A combined value of around $1000 dollars, about $700 of which were geocoins.

By the way, we could use any assistance out there. If anyone happens to see these coins pop up on eBay anytime soon, especially in a larger quantity, please contact the King's County Sheriff's office at (206)296-4155 with information regarding the account trying to sell them and whatever ID number is associated with that particular sale, alongside contacting me.

Sorry to anyone hoping to purchase this coin but thought I would post an update.

I won't be able to go, but TripCyclone will have some of my personal coins in tow. Coins come in three finishes: Nickel, Copper, Gold, and only the Gold color has epoxy. Will also trade for others' coins, but most will be for sale. I'm trying to raise some funds to create a new geocoin and I'm hoping they'll go like gangbusters :grin:

I regret to inform anyone who was interested in this coin that the collection was stolen from our rental car while Webscouter and I were on the trail to claim the Project APE cache. Our vehicle was one of two that were broken into and every one of this coin, along with my entire personal collection, my passport, Webscouter.'s USB GPS, his power inverter, and multiple cables and splitters were all stolen. A combined value of around $1000 dollars, about $700 of which were geocoins.

By the way, we could use any assistance out there. If anyone happens to see these coins pop up on eBay anytime soon, especially in a larger quantity, please contact the King's County Sheriff's office at (206)296-4155 with information regarding the account trying to sell them and whatever ID number is associated with that particular sale, alongside contacting me.

Sorry to anyone hoping to purchase this coin but thought I would post an update.

I also have a complete list of coin codes, so this afternoon I will be retrieving all the coin codes, activating them, and leaving a 'nice note' on all of them. If they were to be found and to get into my or Trip's hands, I'll either use them myself or adopt them out.

I won't be able to go, but TripCyclone will have some of my personal coins in tow. Coins come in three finishes: Nickel, Copper, Gold, and only the Gold color has epoxy. Will also trade for others' coins, but most will be for sale. I'm trying to raise some funds to create a new geocoin and I'm hoping they'll go like gangbusters :o

I also have a complete list of coin codes, so this afternoon I will be retrieving all the coin codes, activating them, and leaving a 'nice note' on all of them. If they were to be found and to get into my or Trip's hands, I'll either use them myself or adopt them out.

That is just so jacked up, man.

I’m sorry to hear about your loss. That is a shame. I’ll try to keep my eyes peeled for any activity.

Me and some others from Idaho have a vendors booth so it will be easy to find us there.

I have a few new coins for the event.

I have been out of touch on the forums lately due to my life being so busy and it would be great to have you stop by and say HI!!!!!

I hope everyone has a safe trip and a time of there life :o

wow those are such nice coins, im sorry to hear about the theft. i hope whoever stole these gets bit on the a** by karma. what goes around comes around. not nice to hear about or happen to, im just sorry its happened.

When they stole it, I don't think they realized that there was a passport in the bag. They just stole the whole bag. So if caught, Karma will catch up as theft of a passport is a federal offense.

Thankfully, we are making up for it today. I was really bummed about losing all my cheap swag (that Halloween eraser that I picked up at Wal-mart was priceless) so we decided to swing into Oregon and grab a few more extra, unplanned counties. YAY!

That STINKS!!!!! I'm so sorry. What a crappy thing to have to deal with after the "high" of finding the Ape cache!

Thankfully, we are making up for it today. I was really bummed about losing all my cheap swag (that Halloween eraser that I picked up at Wal-mart was priceless) so we decided to swing into Oregon and grab a few more extra, unplanned counties. YAY!

Sorry to hear of your loss but I see they have not gotten the best of you :mad: cache on ;)