Are you going to GeoWoodstock 8?

avroair

I don't have a new coin for GW8, but have had a hand in both the Tiki Luau Friday Meet and Greet and the Going Ape event coins... :drama:

Is anybody minting a new personal coin for GW8?

Also, where are all the coiners staying?

Although I am local, I am staying at the site of Midnight Geocoin Madness (about 8 miles from GW8) on the Saturday night: Redmond Marriot 7401 164th Avenue NE, Redmond, WA 98052, (425) 498-4000 --- we have a group rate there. (keyword: geowoodstock for group rate).

Planning to come in from Boisbriand, Quebec, Canada on july 2nd going back july 4th, with geohubby You Ke Té and Moustik & HBK (from Montreal).

We are deciding where to sleep in the next days or so, found that expedia.ca was cheaper than group discount.

I wanted to have a new version of my Turtle but it takes forever to have confirmation on order.

I will have some RE and 2 XXLE with me and 3 versions of turtle pathtags. :laughing:

See you all there!

I am excited because it's my first time!!! :drama:

Edited by Turlutortue

Hedge Hopper and I will be there. We will be staying at the Marriott in Redmond also. We have to be near the coins.

I won't have a coin, but Hedge Hopper has a killer new personal coin that should be here by then. I have to say that it is awesome!!!

Scheduled for 2nd week of June, btw Joni :blink:

And I'm making lots of coins for people to take to GW8. But I myself won't have anything. You can find me a the Geocoin Poker game for a brand new Poker coin that we'll be debuting at the event.

Can't wait to see all the new coins.

TMA

Hedge Hopper and I will be there. We will be staying at the Marriott in Redmond also. We have to be near the coins.

I won't have a coin, but Hedge Hopper has a killer new personal coin that should be here by then. I have to say that it is awesome!!!

Scheduled for 2nd week of June, btw Joni :blink:

And I'm making lots of coins for people to take to GW8. But I myself won't have anything. You can find me a the Geocoin Poker game for a brand new Poker coin that we'll be debuting at the event.

Can't wait to see all the new coins.

TMA

Yippee!

We will be there, an are looking forward to finally meeting you avroair! We are staying at the Coin event hotel in Redmond Friday & Saturday. We don't have a new coin, though we did make a smaller shiny new tag to trade. Our flight to Seattle leaves 4 weeks from tomorrow. :blink: Looking forward to seeing everyone soon.

jrr

Shadow's Friend and I are planning to attend! We might have our 2010 coin, or maybe not. We got a late start on it, as some other event is taking up a lot of free time. It will be ready by GCF, but I don't think we will have to much time for trading then.

We are staying at the Holiday Inn, Issaquah.

Should be another good weekend.

Yes, I'll be there and although not a personal coin, Geocaching Journeys will be raffling off and/or selling a few of our coins made for the first Geocaching journeys tour! No pics, you'll have to look us up at our booth for your chance to own one...unless of course you're a guest on the cruise to Alaska!! :P

I wish I could go too. Too much of a short notice (my command would never have granted me the leave), too far away. But I definitely have my eyes on GCF! Those of you who are taking new coins to GWS, if you don't mind spoiling the surprise, could you post pics so we know what we're missing? : )

I was hoping to go, but I will be teaching this summer, and class starts July 5th, which would not work out very well, as you can imagine.

I hope you all have a fantastic time, and I can't wait to see the pictures of the new coins!

I AM hoping to make GCF this year, and I a planning to make a coin for that event. :)

We will also be bringing lorca.nl who is coming all the way from The Netherlands to visit :D

you are :D:D:D

are you really sure about thizzzzzzzzzzz..................

i don`t know any of it :blink::huh:

Is Leah cleaning her bedroom up for nothing :D;):P

oooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..............

nope i`m going to LEAH and PEPPER :):(

but maybe if LEAH is going to GWS then i follow i don`t dare to stay alone with PEPPER :D:D

We will also be bringing lorca.nl who is coming all the way from The Netherlands to visit :D

you are :blink::blink::blink:

are you really sure about thizzzzzzzzzzz..................

i don`t know any of it :D:D

Is Leah cleaning her bedroom up for nothing :huh::D:D

oooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..............

nope i`m going to LEAH and PEPPER :(:D

but maybe if LEAH is going to GWS then i follow i don`t dare to stay alone with PEPPER :D:D

:D Lorca my friend!!! so you will see my godson too??? :D I am talking about... Nikos the cat! :lol:

Shari!!! You will have a visitor!!! :D great news!!! :D

Oh, I wish I could come and meet you all my friends! As I see, my mystery friends, the reaper and bell witch will be there too! and many others!!! Oh, what I am missing....

who knows.... maybe one day.... :)

We will be there with ammonites and trilobites, but no 'new' coins. We are also staying at the Marriott.

We will have new pathtags that should be ready.

Looking forward to the event and also the road trip down there.

Some local Calgarians have created an amazing CONVOY event for the trip down and back!!! :(

I don't have a new coin for GW8, but have had a hand in both the Tiki Luau Friday Meet and Greet and the Going Ape event coins... :rolleyes:

Is anybody minting a new personal coin for GW8?

Also, where are all the coiners staying?

Although I am local, I am staying at the site of Midnight Geocoin Madness (about 8 miles from GW8) on the Saturday night: Redmond Marriot 7401 164th Avenue NE, Redmond, WA 98052, (425) 498-4000 --- we have a group rate there. (keyword: geogeoa for group rate).

We will be there with ammonites and trilobites, but no 'new' coins. We are also staying at the Marriott.

We will have new pathtags that should be ready.

Looking forward to the event and also the road trip down there.

Some local Calgarians have created an amazing CONVOY event for the trip down and back!!! :rolleyes:

Awesome! Hope to see ya again! I got the group code wrong for the hotel it's: GEOGEOA

No, unfortunately, we won't be going to GW8! One of these years, we will get to have this great experience, just not yet.

I have a question for somebody who will be attending. (Actually, I guess I'm on here begging!!!)

I have ALL the Cache Addict Morpho Butterflies that have been made to date in my coin collection, and they are my pride and joy! I love to show them off at Events.

I know that there are 3 NEW versions to be sold at GW, one of them will ONLY be sold at the Event. These are: Pink Bubblegum, Purple Princess, and the special one for the Event is Tie Die!!! (BTW, I would LOVE to see pics of these posted sometime!)

I really, REALLY want to add these 3 butterflies to my other butterflies! I already have the other new ones reserved, but I NEED these, too! I even have a page in my Butterfly album waiting for them! lol

Would ANYBODY be gracious enough to pick up one of each for me at the Event?? I will gladly send you the money before the Event for their purchase. (I will search your name here on the forums to see who you are before sending the money, hate to say it, but gotta be careful).

These coins just have to find their way to my album!! If anybody could help me out, I really would appreciate it!!!

It may be easier to contact me through my email addy RWFriend1@yahoo.com

The Bell Witch and I will be hiding some coins for a few lucky people attending the Midnight Geocoin Madness GC1Y7F7. On the page we will post coordinates and instructions on how to find the coins. We do NOT place our coins in caches, no other cachers will find them. So if you want to find a coin put GC1Y7F7 on your watch list.

Slash On!

The Cache Reaper

Edited by The Cache Reaper

Woohoo! Our new "Prairie Towers" geocoins arrived today, so we'll definitely have them at GW VIII for trading.

Thanks to Chris of Landsharkz for taking our ideas and turning them into a geocoin design that really reflects the diverse landscapes of the Calgary area. One side of the coin features the iconic prairie grain elevator that can be found (in ever fewer numbers) in the countryside and small towns around Calgary. The other side features Calgary's city skyline, with the Canadian Rockies in the background. In case you haven't already guessed, Calgary, Alberta (Canada) is our home base.

The coin is 2D (with some special 3D detailing along the train track), black nickel finish, trackable on geocaching.com (tracking number appears in the black area at the bottom of the city side) and has a custom icon (not yet finished). For those who like to know the particulars, this one is 42 mm diameter and 3 mm thick. The text "trackable at geocaching.com" is engraved on the edge.

We minted 75 geocoins in each of four versions (left to right): spring, summer, fall and winter.

79d95286-b62b-4adb-b021-506a9faf233b.jpg

I expect we'll be at the Friday night meet & greet and we'll for sure be at GW VIII and Midnight Geocoin Madness. Hope to make lots of trades while we're there!

Edited by GeoKs

I won't be able to go, but TripCyclone will have some of my personal coins in tow. Coins come in three finishes: Nickel, Copper, Gold, and only the Gold color has epoxy. Will also trade for others' coins, but most will be for sale. I'm trying to raise some funds to create a new geocoin and I'm hoping they'll go like gangbusters B)

95d7a0b2-1391-4394-ae36-2098dadc8115.jpg

well i should be in the usa right now but insted i sit here in my bed in the netherlandzzzzz............

my health is going bad my long caleptzzzzzzzzzz and i may not fly in fact i may not do anything till my long is in the right shape again........

i really hope that you all will have a GREAT and WONDERFULL time.........

I won't be able to go, but TripCyclone will have some of my personal coins in tow. Coins come in three finishes: Nickel, Copper, Gold, and only the Gold color has epoxy. Will also trade for others' coins, but most will be for sale. I'm trying to raise some funds to create a new geocoin and I'm hoping they'll go like gangbusters B)

95d7a0b2-1391-4394-ae36-2098dadc8115.jpg

Cool coin! do you have a vending booth?

well i should be in the usa right now but insted i sit here in my bed in the netherlandzzzzz............

my health is going bad my long caleptzzzzzzzzzz and i may not fly in fact i may not do anything till my long is in the right shape again........

i really hope that you all will have a GREAT and WONDERFULL time.........

Get well soon! B) Hope you are well very soon. :P