Essex Boy to Cornish Caching

I'm off on my holibobs to Port Isaac, Cornwall soon and have downloaded a potential 10 caches to try to find while there. We're only there for a week and unless I can convince the missus to come caching with me, I need to make the most of my time allowed out on my own..!

The caches I've lined up which appeal to me are:

(sorry, couldn't get hyperlinks to work)

GC14Y1F - Seagull's Perch

GCQR73 - A Potty Potter At Port Isaac

GCYQ34 - Along The Main to Castle Rock View

GCPQ3K - Cod Liver Oil from Port Quin?

GC12PYD - Port Isaac Multi

GC12PZF - Port Bonus

GCRG7C - Varley Head Anniversary Cache

GC12PZ4 - Middle of Vickery

CG1FBRV - Tresungers Point

GC28D25 - Short Cut Series (1)

Now, I'm probably not going to be able to fit them all in without jeopardising the wonderful relationship I have with my significant other and would appreciate any guidance from any cachers in the area or those that might have visited and found some or all of them, as to what ones should be definites and which ones could be, very reluctantly, omitted. I like a cache'n'dash as much as the next person (to help with the stats!!) but equally, love a good climb/ramble/precarious overhang - fitness permitting, and of course the effects of maybe one too many Tribute's the night before :drama:

Any pointers would be most appreciated.

Many thanks.

Cheers

:laughing:

I'm off on my holibobs to Port Isaac, Cornwall soon and have downloaded a potential 10 caches to try to find while there. We're only there for a week and unless I can convince the missus to come caching with me, I need to make the most of my time allowed out on my own..!

The caches I've lined up which appeal to me are:

(sorry, couldn't get hyperlinks to work)

GC14Y1F - Seagull's Perch

GCQR73 - A Potty Potter At Port Isaac

GCYQ34 - Along The Main to Castle Rock View

GCPQ3K - Cod Liver Oil from Port Quin?

GC12PYD - Port Isaac Multi

GC12PZF - Port Bonus

GCRG7C - Varley Head Anniversary Cache

GC12PZ4 - Middle of Vickery

CG1FBRV - Tresungers Point

GC28D25 - Short Cut Series (1)

Now, I'm probably not going to be able to fit them all in without jeopardising the wonderful relationship I have with my significant other and would appreciate any guidance from any cachers in the area or those that might have visited and found some or all of them, as to what ones should be definites and which ones could be, very reluctantly, omitted. I like a cache'n'dash as much as the next person (to help with the stats!!) but equally, love a good climb/ramble/precarious overhang - fitness permitting, and of course the effects of maybe one too many Tribute's the night before :drama:

Any pointers would be most appreciated.

Many thanks.

Cheers

:laughing:

To be fair - I think you'll enjoy all of the above. If it's hidden by Mad Max it's likely to be in an interesting cliffside location!

The ones not too far away that I must say I really enjoyed are the Rocky Valley Series near Tintagel ( and I think your family would enjoy them too) dramatic scenery, and lots of history too. The Tintagel Castle cache is the first in Cornwall - nice location.

Theres a few caches around the Slate Quarry at Delabole, another interesting spot to visit.

And whilst I went to school next to the St Austell Brewery and like a pint of Tribute, you should try a pint of Doom Bar from Sharps Brewery at Rock.

Well, I'm pleased to report that my week in Port Isaac resulted in my finding all 10 caches. Well, almost. Along The Main to Castle Rock View was disabled/archived between my downloading and finding it. Think I found the final part of the cache and whilst there was nothing there at the end of it, I wonder if I can still claim it as a find?

Well, I'm pleased to report that my week in Port Isaac resulted in my finding all 10 caches. Well, almost. Along The Main to Castle Rock View was disabled/archived between my downloading and finding it. Think I found the final part of the cache and whilst there was nothing there at the end of it, I wonder if I can still claim it as a find?

Contact the owner and explain.

"Nothing ventured, nothing gained"

At worst, they can only say 'No'

Well, I emailed the owners and they very kindly agreed to let me record it as a find, after I sent them a couple of pics of the final cache location that I took on my phone at GZ.

Turns out the final stage of the cache was removed but they hadn't got round to removing the first part of the multi, so I'm very happy and grateful to the owners, KernowCachers, for letting me chalk this one up!

:D