Explorist 500 software help

I just purchased a Magellan explorist 500 LE and am trying to install the software but when I inset the cd it causes the computer to freeze. I can connect the unit to the computer and it recognizes it but I want to install the geocaching software from the cd. Also if I click on the "send to GPS" button on a geocache page it says "Magellan Communicator found" but then says "No supported devices found". Yes I have the unit plugged into the USB port turned on in file transfer mode ect. Any help is greatly appreciated. Oh and I am using Win xp media centre edition service pack 3.

Thanks

You need to use a program to create a geocache file in the eXplorist format, then copy it to the Geocache folder in the unit, either on the SD card or internal memory.

GSAK was mentioned and I also recommend it. You can also use the free program from Magellan: Vantage Point. (The original program provided with the unit was called "Geocache Manager", but Vantage point replaced it.)