fancy stuff on profile pages

daveindeal

I know it has something to do with GSAK..... but how ??

today i downloaded it, but as im a normal user i dont get GPX files, GSAK say's in the instructions that you can use loc files, so today i sat down and one buy one downloaded and imported the LOC files to GSAK, updaded all the placed dates, foundit date, etc.

now whats next................... i looked on the GSAK forum and read the whole of the 101, 201, 301 regarding how to use it but cant find it, and i cant really do a forums search for "how do you do the fancy profile stuff !!"

i would also like the badge awards, that some have on there profiles,

Whilst you can import loc files into GSAK and mark caches as found, I'm not sure how well GSAK will generate any stats, as it includes things like container size, D/T ratings etc.

(That is, the stats include things like container size, D/T ratings etc.)

Edited by Bear and Ragged

You can set them all by hand from within GSAK, but it's a LOT of work!

You can also go for 3 month Premium Membership subscription, download the needed GPX files (all in one go with a My Finds PQ) and cancel your subscription before the 3 months expire. (Or keep it, if it turns out you like it :rolleyes: ) That would give you an up to date current situation and you'd only need to do the manual stuff for future finds.

Whilst you can import loc files into GSAK and mark caches as found, I'm not sure how well GSAK will generate any stats, as it includes things like container size, D/T ratings etc.

(That is, the stats include things like container size, D/T ratings etc.)

i have manually entered the D/T rating and cache size for 62 found it logs and 8 DNF logs.

You'll need a premium membership to generate anything very fancy.

That being said, all those stats can be entertaining, but rather impersonal.

I'm beginning to lean towards a desire to have fellow cachers actually TELL me something about themselves...if they have anything to say at all...