"Caches found" stats decreased, but no notification?

cotwild

hello..

i was looking for someone else having the same problem, but didn't find anyone else yet..

ok, first of all.. i know there are a lot of GC-user that do not take care about how many GC's they did log.

a friend and i.. we do! and we got something like a race to the top of a mountain that we will never reach..

but it is fun.. :-)

but today my log-count did decrease and i was looking for the reason. i did not get any "[LOG] Deletion of..." notification or anything else that does show me why it was decreased...

did this ever happen to you? is there some sort of "log" of the "log-procedures"? ;-)

thanks for all you answers in advance

we tried to set a new record for most caches found on one day.. (but actually we didn't figure out what's the actual record) ;-)

so we just decided to go out and cache for 24 hours.

two days after logging (108 caches) :-) i saw my stats decreasing and was looking for a deleted log or something else, but couldn't find any.. so i was looking in my emails for any log-deletion entry or something like this, but there wasn't any.

but i think i had logged one cache twice and deleted one of the logs the night before i noticed, that the stats was decreased. i didn't know that the stats are counting double-logs on the same cache as two!

but thank you very much for your answers.